Wojciechowski Pitches Best Game of the Year

weams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One could say it's due to the fact that much of the MLB.com homepage was dedicated to the freshly inducted HoF'ers, but there's nary a line about Woj no-hitting the Sux for six innings or the O's shutout. It would have been a better story than some of the other non-HoF leads MLB.com ran instead.

On a side note, may I say how nice it is to see us hit a pitcher we just traded away for once?  I know it doesn't come up much, but in my memory historically if we trade a pitcher and then run into him within a couple of weeks, he owns us.  I'm like, why?  It's not like you don't know exactly what he does and how he does it.  And he hasn't been gone long enough to have picked up mysterious new tricks.

28 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

On a side note, may I say how nice it is to see us hit a pitcher we just traded away for once?  I know it doesn't come up much, but in my memory historically if we trade a pitcher and then run into him within a couple of weeks, he owns us.  I'm like, why?  It's not like you don't know exactly what he does and how he does it.  And he hasn't been gone long enough to have picked up mysterious new tricks.

I’m much more interested in why the Orioles let him go in the first place, and in what Elias saw that made him want to bring him back.

Archived