Dallas Litscher

UMDTerrapins

1 minute ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Hard to find any scouting on Dallas. Does anyone have any insight on him? First two starts at Delmarva were solid. 

I've been watching his start tonight, here's my mini report.

It's a fastball 89-92, curveball with 12-6 action and a sharp break from an high 3/4 release, fastball and curve have opposite movement patterns which helps hide the fringy velocity. Mechanically under control, repeats well for such a big guy, could be average command. Also shows a slider and changeup, neither was really a factor. I don't think it plays as a starter without a couple more ticks but he's older and that's unlikely, but maybe it could work in relief, could be Steven Klimek with better command. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I've been watching his start tonight, here's my mini report.

It's a fastball 89-92, curveball with 12-6 action and a sharp break from an high 3/4 release, fastball and curve have opposite movement patterns which helps hide the fringy velocity. Mechanically under control, repeats well for such a big guy, could be average command. Also shows a slider and changeup, neither was really a factor. I don't think it plays as a starter without a couple more ticks but he's older and that's unlikely, but maybe it could work in relief, could be Steven Klimek with better command. 

Thanks Luke! That's exactly what I was looking for. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Older for the league, but you can say that about pretty much everyone at the GCL and Aberdeen, on the pitching side. 

It’s not so much that the Aberdeen pitchers are old for the NYP league, it’s that we don’t have many who are young.   In other words, most teams have some 19-20 year olds sprinkled in, while we have almost none.    But there are tons of NYP pitchers who are 21-22, as most of ours are.