Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

Just now, atomic said:

Exactly.  I just expect Major League quality players on the roster.  I am not expecting a contender. I am not expecting them to sign anyone to major deals. 

Wilkerson, Martin,  Smith , Peterson, and half our pitching staff are neither prospects or major league quality players.   

It is so surprising to me that people on here support Elias no matter what. Do they just want another year where our goal is to get the best draft pick possible?  As an Oriole fan am I expected to root for them to lose?  I mean as far as I can tell that is what they expect.

The plan is to lose! “We’ve been losing, I want to finish dead last”

Last place finishes were the calling card of the Astros success..

Adding Major League players would allow them to finish 4-6 slots higher in the W-L rankings. This would have then selecting 6-12. There is no value based on the plan.

If Elias said anything... it was that he was going to take the time and do it right.

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

This is a joke statement.

Are you trolling us?

No, sadly, you believe the BS, that you write.

So, there has been no trades, no signings, no coaches hired or let go?

Get a grip.

We expected a 3 year get well plan, because the team was so hosed up.

Your panties are twisted, because he didnt sign any high price veterans to play in the stop gap roles, while they got healthy.

This season, was not the year to waste money that way, at least most of us feel that way, and apparently so does the Org.

I suspect next ST, you might see a few signings.

And back to DD, which I was a fan.

You neglected to acknowledge, that Andy started the rebuild, and that DD was brought in for a total overhaul.

Just stating the facts.

Why would you post this?  You know the answer you're going to get.  You knew most of the answer almost a year ago.  You're asking G. Gordon Liddy's opinion on the career of George McGovern.  If he's in an especially charitable mood you might get a grade of D-.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

You are blindly supporting someone no matter what he does.  If you don't want to use facts for a basis of judging someone than what is the point of even posting?  Just go on say he is great no matter what he does or in this case doesn't do. 

You are obviously bored today.  But, sure, I'll play.  I am not blindly in support of Elias.  I believe he deserves a tremendous amount of lattitude before pronouncing him the failure that you have.  The post I quoted that you have responded to acknowledges this.  You said:  So far Elias hasn't done anything to judge.

And yet, that is exactly what you have done.  You have proclaimed that he is a failure and that this team is the worst of all time.  Neither of those OPINIONS are supported by facts.  Although you routinely cherry pick factual nuggets and apply them in a broader sense.  Then, when you are challenged you retort that you are merely stating facts and claim the respondent is blindly supporting actions.  The closest thing to material fact that you have offered is bolded above.

I am not blindly supporting Elias, but I have accepted that the Orioles are going through a complete rebuild which will include a complete demolition and several years of sub level performance.  I am cautiously optimistic for the sole reason that I concur that a rebuild was necessary.  I merely hope that we return to competition soon and will judge the success or failure of the rebuild based on actual results and a timeline that resembles other successful rebuilds.  

Again, many here share the opinion above, it's not overly optimistic and it's not blind irrational fandom and it is not difficult to comprehend.  Your willful ignorance to facts does not mean that you cannot share a different opinion and it should be noted that your declaration of Elias being a total failure could indeed turn out to become fact.  But there is politely, scant evidence, that this is true today.  And your other declaration that this team is the worst ever, has long since been proven to be a gross exaggeration.

For the record, I have not declared greatness in any way to describe Elias, unless I used it to say that hiring him is a great move by the Orioles.  Which I believe is a true statement, but the facts will have to bear that out in time.  And if your magic 8 ball in fact turns out to be correct, I will be happy to purchase you a beverage and congratulate you on your omnipotence.  In the meantime, I will continue to observe the rebuild and ask that those of us who are squinting through the pain of watching the process, not be accused of being blind.  Good day Sir. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Why would you post this?  You know the answer you're going to get.  You knew most of the answer almost a year ago.  You're asking G. Gordon Liddy's opinion on the career of George McGovern.  If he's in an especially charitable mood you might get a grade of D-.

This. And he gets quoted so much that even those of us with him on ignore end up seeing a ton of his rants. :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

This. And he gets quoted so much that even those of us with him on ignore end up seeing a ton of his rants. :(

People who claim to have me on ignore can't stop talking about me. If you only live in a world where you can't have someone disagree with you and not get upset I feel sad for you. 

Ok maybe I should post this:

Golly Gee I just love how 3/5 ths of our starters can't get out of the 3rd inning.  And how we can't field and most likely it will be exactly the same next season. It is great because we get higher draft picks. And Elias is a genius. I can't provide any evidence of what he does that it is great.  But he sure is great. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

This too. It can't be that difficult to set up an option or button that allows one to avoid quoted posts by people on one's Ignore list. @Moderators: Please look into it. I'm sure many OH'ers would appreciate it! (I'm not aiming this in particular at Atomic issues; it would obviously be an improvement to be able to ignore all posts by people on one's Ignore list.) Thank you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

This too. It can't be that difficult to set up an option or button that allows one to avoid quoted posts by people on one's Ignore list. @Moderators: Please look into it. I'm sure many OH'ers would appreciate it! (I'm not aiming this in particular at Atomic issues; it would obviously be an improvement to be able to ignore all posts by people on one's Ignore list.) Thank you.

That would be an @Tony-OH thing and not a moderator issue. 

7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Can you please translate this into millennial for me or at least reference an election 1980 or later.

3 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

Can you please translate this into millennial for me or at least reference an election 1980 or later.

McGovern made another run in the '84 Dem primary.   I voted for him.

And G. Gordon Liddy was hosting a talk show in the 80s, I believe.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

As far as I know, you can't block a quoted poster in another post. This falls under the whole, "You gotta keep on scrolling sometimes and ignore!"

• Upvote 1