Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

During Buck’s tenure he broke in Zack Britton, Manny Machado, Jonathan Schoop, Miguel Gonzalez, Ryan Flaherty, Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Wei-Yin Chen, Caleb Joseph, Mychal Givens, Joey Rickard, Trey Mancini and a lot of lesser players who had shorter tenures with the Orioles.   In general, I reject the notion that Buck didn’t give fair opportunities to less experienced players.     (I am including Chen in there only because of others’ obsession with Kim.)     If Buck thought players could play, he played them.   In fact, the main reason Kim played so little in 2017 was that the rookie Mancini outplayed him from day one.    He didn’t get significantly more playing time once he was traded to the Phillies, and interest in him the following offseason was so tepid that he went back to Korea, after initially saying he wanted to continue in MLB.

I’m not going to argue that Buck didn’t give some players more rope than others, but to me he was no worse than any other manager in that regard.    

Just now, Dipper9 said:

I didn't say was a huge help during the playoffs.  But without Davis we may not have the 3 appearance in 5 years that we did.  (yes, I know he got suspended late in 2014.)

And hit .196 when he did play.   Still, BB-ref had him at a respectable 1.7 rWAR and Fangraphs at 0.9 fWAR.

6 hours ago, atomic said:

If he started today he would have no emotional ties to Trumbo and Davis so he would not play them.  It wasnt because they were veterans that he played them.  I am not sure what your reply is for.  

Just pointing out a clear contradiction within a single post of yours, one you continue to double down on, it’s ok if you don’t get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

:confused:

Why so defensive?

Anyway it very well might not be goodbye, it might be see you next spring.

My point is I am HOPING they are playing him so that fans can get their final look at him in an Orioles uniform.  

If he returns again next year after this horrendous season, then it will truly show that ownership still is not giving full control over to our FO.  (not that this will surprise most of us).

• Upvote 1