Cost Cutting Measures

weams

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

So 100 million per season? Sorry I don't buy the Sun. 

Im sick of hearing about the poor Orioles and the cost cutting BS.

I know you don't sign free agents at this point but the payroll is low enough.

That only takes the Orioles though 2016 debt. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

That only takes the Orioles though 2016 debt. 

If the Orioles haven’t been setting aside money from MASN knowing they have a bill to pay it was beyond foolish.

so how much does each get from the MLB tv contract? 

By my estimates they get more than $50 million from the national contract and some where in the 60 million from the heavy side of the MASN deal.And the real number is probably higher than that!

And thats before and tickets, concessions, corporate sponsors, etc.

Even though attendance is down doesn’t mean the tickets aren’t paid for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/04/23/foxs-mlb-tv-deal-is-much-richer-for-team-owners-than-you-probably-think/amp/

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

If the Orioles haven’t been setting aside money from MASN knowing they have a bill to pay it was beyond foolish.

so how much does each get from the MLB tv contract? 

By my estimates they get more than $50 million from the national contract and some where in the 60 million from the heavy side of the MASN deal.And the real number is probably higher than that!

And thats before and tickets, concessions, corporate sponsors, etc.

Even though attendance is down doesn’t mean the tickets aren’t paid for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/04/23/foxs-mlb-tv-deal-is-much-richer-for-team-owners-than-you-probably-think/amp/

It has been said that a five percent return for MASN is an unsustainable business model. I’d assume that it is for the club as well. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

It has been said that a five percent return for MASN is an unsustainable business model. I’d assume that it is for the club as well. 

They say lots of things.

We have any proof of a ML team in the last century not turning a profit over say a five year period?  Has any team been sold for a loss?

6 minutes ago, weams said:

MASN isn’t being run on a 5% return.    The Panel accepted that once MASN was no longer in start-up mode, 20% was reasonable.   But they took issue with how MASN allocated various expenses, etc.    Technical stuff too dull and detailed to post here.    

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

MASN isn’t being run on a 5% return.    The Panel accepted that once MASN was no longer in start-up mode, 20% was reasonable.   But they took issue with how MASN allocated various expenses, etc.    Technical stuff too dull and detailed to post here.    

Plus MASN is run separate from the team.Also the Orioles admitted how much they made ar one of the hearing in profit.$50 million alone that year.Also if the Orioles cant survive having a regional network of two teams that the Orioles get at least 77 % of the revenue, they should be sold or move.With the payroll this year and regional and national network contract, they are break even or over even before ticket sales. 

9 hours ago, weams said:

I'm going to go on record at this point (with the MASN lawsuit defeat and the extraordinary financial implications of it and the eventual change in ownership secession) to state that everything will again be perceived as cheapness.

Cheapness is a building block of any real rebuild. 

But every cost saving move is not something to rail about. These moves are in the model rebuild that we bought. And it will be a good four years until the benefits are revealed properly. 

Don't expect expenditures as we have been used to. We have entered the Matrix. Who knows what it will do to us all ???

o

"Dempsey ........ without me, you'll be on the bread lines at the soup kitchens !!!"

"I've been there before. It won't kill me."

Jack Dempsey, after firing one of his managers after a dispute in the early portion of his boxing career

o

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Plus MASN is run separate from the team.Also the Orioles admitted how much they made ar one of the hearing in profit.$50 million alone that year.Also if the Orioles cant survive having a regional network of two teams that the Orioles get at least 77 % of the revenue, they should be sold or move.With the payroll this year and regional and national network contract, they are break even or over even before ticket sales. 

Was that before or after Peter Angelos took out his ownership fee?