Infield (and DH) 2020... Who ya got?

Greg Pappas

5 minutes ago, weams said:

How much money do you think they will spend on those two endeavors?

I don't think they spend much more then the minimum on any acquired player.  Several will be on AAA contracts for less then the minimum while they are in the minors.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think Elias acquire another  SS this off season.   

Perhaps several.    I wouldn’t be that surprised if we picked one in the Rule 5 draft again, especially knowing that we can stash Martin in AAA and can always recall him if the Rule 5 guy isn’t working out.   

I’m expecting a lot of moves this offseason, and I’ll assume Villar, Mancini and Alberto will be traded, and that Martin, despite having a strong spring, will start the year in AAA. It should be no surprise that Davis will start at 1B. I predict Ruiz won’t make the team out of Spring Training, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see players not on our current roster start the season at 2B, SS and 3B. I think Sisco will have a strong spring and start at C, and, lastly, Mountcastle will have a hot spring and start at DH.

1B: Chris Davis

2B: Player to be named

SS: Player to be named

3B: Player to be named

? Chance Sisco

DH: Ryan Mountcastle

22 hours ago, weams said:

How much money do you think they will spend on those two endeavors?

Zero. Waiver claims if we do. We’re staring at,

Means, Bundy, Cobb, Wojo, Akin for next year. With Brooks and Ynoa as depth in the MLB bullpen.

We’ll likely see a 14 man pitching staff(if allowed). Also keep in mind that players must be in the minors for 15 days and not 10 once they get optioned. Plus position players can only pitch if their team is losing or winning by 6+ runs. 

With all that being said, I think we’re going to see us be forced to carry arms in the pen that can go multiple IP. Basically SP. Especially considering we do not want to touch the prospects in AAA next year at all. See Akin this year. 

It would be a little crazy for us to not start the year with Ynoa, Brooks, and two others like them in the bullpen.