2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

11 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I love rye! What do you suggest? Not that I can get it out here in the boonys of Oregon. But I come back home now and again.

Highly recommend Sagamore Spirit...they have a number of varieties and a really cool tour when you’re back next. Looks like closest in store location is Sacramento though.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I thought Chisholm missed home too. They didn’t appeal tho I don’t think.
    • Now run scores and Yanks take lead. 
    • Inexcusable missed call in NY. Review Cleo at showed Chisholm out at 2nd. They upheld safe call. 
    • Well, good on posters who proved the SSS side of "Guards Ball." I just found it striking in terms of the narrative in that article, which was basically the same as what most around here were complaining the O's lacked: clutch hitting, passing the baton, aggressive running, getting runners in from third, etc. I guess the real bottom line is "whatever works." Which of course varies from case to case. The old Bill James postseason wisdom was that HRs are the ticket, since you face good pitching and get so few hits. So back to you, Elias, keep crunching those numbers...
    • First, the had a jump in 23’ given how terrible they had been previously, which conditions many fans in the marketplace not to care. They simple weren’t relevant for years. So one very good regular season will not undue years of being bad/irrelevant and treating your customers terribly. Next, I think they missed an opportunity in the offseason by not doing enough by way of big/bold attention grabbing moves. Now I acknowledge that this was most likely due to the ownership flux/transition. I believe they got an attendance/marketplace engagement boost when they changed owners and when they traded for Burnes. However, I believe we would have seen more engagement attendance with say a big Gunnar extension and/or bringing in a big time FA.   IMO this would have created more buzz before the season (say around the time people make season tix decisions - IMO before Christmas is when some people make those bigger purchases). All of this is to say, that it will take time and effort on the organizations part because of how bad of a stain that the Angeloses left. I still have friends and colleagues who refuse to support the Orioles and attend games due to the damage that was done. Rubenstien & co are not going to be able to undo 30 years of awfulness overnight. But IMO it is not enough to simply call it “a new chapter”. They have to make new/different actions to distinguish themselves from who the Orioles were/used to be under the Angelos regime.
    • Just checking in on Gameday, Yankees looking incredibly vulnerable.  Should be the Os out there.  Super lame.  Whichever team wins this series I hope gets knocked out by CLE or DET.
    • If the franchise were better, the fan base would be too.  It’s been a rough 40 years.
  • Popular Contributors