World Baseball Classic 2009

Sanfran327

I'm going to soil myself if our boy is catching this spring...

I don't see how he makes it over Martin, Mauer, or McCann

Mauer

Berkman

Roberts/ Kinsler

Jeter

Wright

Holliday

Hunter/ Ankiel

Pence

That's my guess.

As for Orioles pitchers I would imagine Cabrera might get the call, as well as a possible free agent signee but we don't have the diverse nationalities neccesary to get evicerated by the WBC

Mauer

Berkman

Roberts/ Kinsler

Jeter

Wright

Holliday

Hunter/ Ankiel

Pence

That's my guess.

As for Orioles pitchers I would imagine Cabrera might get the call, as well as a possible free agent signee but we don't have the diverse nationalities neccesary to get evicerated by the WBC

Uh, I think Russel Martin is Canadian...

Mauer - McCann - Tek

Berkman - Tex - Howard

Roberts/ Kinsler

Jeter - Young

Wright - Longoria - A-Rod??

Holliday - Bay

Hunter - Hamilton - Sizemore

Pence

That's my guess.

Pretty good start, but I'm not sure Ankiel could get in there over Hamilton and Sizemore.

Pitchers?

Sheets

Sabathia (he's American, right?)

Peavy

Haren

Halladay

Webb

Lincecum

RPs:

Papelbon

Nathan

Wagner

Jenks

Hoffman

Lidge

Putz

Joba

We obviously have TONS of talent... we should win this thing pretty easily, right?? Assuming we get even half of the guys we'd want, anyway. And would A-Rod be able to jump ship and play for the DR after playing for the US in 2006? He'd start over Wright hand down and probably bump Longoria off the team.

The only American Oriole with the chance of making it is Roberts, but he's got Utley and Pedroia to compete with.

I think Markakis has a shot at RF. He should be in over Pence. He does count, right? No Greek team in the WBC and he's from GA.

I think Markakis has a shot at RF. He should be in over Pence. He does count, right? No Greek team in the WBC and he's from GA.

There's no Greek team in the WBC, their laugher in the Olympics made that a certainty for a long time. I wish that Kakes garnered the leaguewide respect that those of us on this board give him, however I don't think that's the case.

To add some outfielders, Chris Young, Carl Crawford, and Ryan Braun

There's no Greek team in the WBC, their laugher in the Olympics made that a certainty for a long time. I wish that Kakes garnered the leaguewide respect that those of us on this board give him, however I don't think that's the case.

To add some outfielders, Chris Young, Carl Crawford, and Ryan Braun

Not quite sure how I missed Braun. I'm kind of embarassed, honestly. That guy is a STUD. He's on my list of my top 5 most coveted players.

Also should have had Crawford on there. We could really use his speed off the bench. Young is probably not quite there yet. He and AJ may be on the next WBC teams though.

Pretty good start, but I'm not sure Ankiel could get in there over Hamilton and Sizemore.

Pitchers?

Sheets

Sabathia (he's American, right?)

Peavy

Haren

Halladay

Webb

Lincecum

RPs:

Papelbon

Nathan

Wagner

Jenks

Hoffman

Lidge

Putz

Joba

We obviously have TONS of talent... we should win this thing pretty easily, right?? Assuming we get even half of the guys we'd want, anyway. And would A-Rod be able to jump ship and play for the DR after playing for the US in 2006? He'd start over Wright hand down and probably bump Longoria off the team.

Bay is Canadian.

I wouldn't say that we will win easily, though we may be the favorites. There are still really good teams like Cuba, DR, Venezuela and Japan.

Does anyone know when they will announce the team, or who is managing?

Archived