Stream MASN??

pocketRIPKENS

The Pen: MLB owners’ vote could be big news for baseball fans cutting the cord
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-pen-mlb-owners-vote-could-be-big-news-for-baseball-fans-cutting-the-cord-200214832.html

I’m driving but this flashed on my screen. I cut the cord 4 years ago and have been patiently awaiting MLB package to allow me to watch a “blacked out” game (MASN). Does anyone know about this???

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Past two seasons, I've had an MLB TV subscription and used a VPN to get around the blackout.  I've cut the cord, that's how I've had to watch Orioles games.  

MASN sucks.  

Same here. I'm up here in CT between the NYY and BOS markets, so I had almost 40 games blacked out every year. I used a service called Unlocator, cost $5 a month. Totally worth it. 

On 11/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Past two seasons, I've had an MLB TV subscription and used a VPN to get around the blackout.  I've cut the cord, that's how I've had to watch Orioles games.  

MASN sucks.  

Same thing I've done the last few seasons. I'll gladly pay for MLB TV to avoid paying for cable.

Depends on a lot of factors if you really save a lot after cutting the cord.  I know some people that have cable bills around $200/month.    You can do far better than that with cord cutting.

I personally tried my best to keep my TOTAL Internet and TV bill at 100 or less.   That was possible with FIOS and Comcast for a time.  But it's a hassle.  Really looking forward to seeing what the details on this will be.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, Moose Milligan said:

MASN sucks.  

Amen, brother.

I really like watching games within the MLB TV app, I can easily switch between games when the O's are on commercial - or if a game gets out of hand. Highly recommend it to anyone here who is a fan of watching games outside their hometown team.

• Upvote 2

My DirecTV bill fluctuated between $90 and $110 the last ten years or so depending on what tier I chose and any add ons (HBO or Showtime, etc. but usually only for a few months). MASN was part of my overall package all that time. In 2019, finally cut the cord, dumped DirecTV and I decided to just listen via the At Bat app ($19.99 / year) to the O's radio broadcast team. I miss Palmer, but now that my YouTubeTV subscription gets me what I basically want for $52 a month, it was a better financial situation for me. If I can at some point stream MASN, I'll do it. I'm not holding my breath with MLB waiving the in-market blackout for MLB-TV. I'd have had MLB-TV if that had not been the case. I tried 3 VPNs over two years in an exploratory effort to cut the cord in recent years and Apple or MLB-TV eventually got hip to it and I ended my VPN experiment.