Ok, if we’re going to be bad, then...

Philip

19 hours ago, Philip said:

I think there’s no such thing as a bad win, but If Elias really thinks that “cosmetic” wins are meaningless, and dumping good players over insignificant salary is the order of the day, the organization should drop prices to almost nothing. Free parking, 1$ Hot Dogs, $5 tickets and so on. If the team is going to be willingly terrible, fine.

But don’t charge MLB prices. The team will make a profit regardless, and this would be a tremendous way to get fans into the seats even if the team is bad. But spending $200 for a family outing at the ballpark to watch the Bobsey Twins falling all over themselves on the diamond is disingenuous at best. 

1904 pop culture reference for the win!

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

If you are a 21 yo who grew up an Oriole fan ,you have seen four winning seasons in your lifetime. Hopefully this tear it down to bring it back up strategy works. You have about four or so teams doing this strategy to some extent. It will not work for every team because you have many using the same philosophy.

Yeah I think with everyone trying to tank a new strategy that might just work would be trying to win.   I have no problem with them doing the sell off in 2018 but it is now time to improve.  If the owners don't want to win sell the team.  If Elias doesn't know how to build a team.  And every move he has made has been bad he should be fired.

3 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

I don’t think I want to watch them try to lose.

I'd rather watch this than giving Colby Rasmus millions and watch him quit one month into the season.  At least I know what to expect with this team.  Root for the young bats next year, and we'll have the young arms to join them in 2021.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your impatience is almost laughable.    We knew what we were in for when Elias was hired.    There’s no guarantee his plan will work, but you have to let the guy do what he said he was going to do.    I’d much rather give his approach a shot than endure the half-measures of 1998-2011.   This team lacks a critical mass of young, major league ready talent right now that is a necessary ingredient for us to build a winning ball club.   When we have it, I’ll expect them to make the moves necessary to win.    Until then, it’s a waste of resources.   

He should work on improving the team.  It isn't lack of patience. I find you have become snarky lately.  They hit bottom at the middle of 2018.  Once they traded off players they should have been working on improving the team.  Not trying to make it worse.  There is zero reason to watch the team.  I doubt Mountcastle will be on the team when they break camp.  The team should be adding guys in the $5 million or less category.  He already had a #1 overall pick and will have a #2 overall pick.   If he wants another  #1 overall pick one of the guys he picked #1 overall in the past is available in the rule 5 draft.   

This is not just bad for us fans it is bad for the city and the state. We provide them a stadium for free and we are not getting much tax revenue off of tickets sales.  People aren't coming downtown to park and to visit bars and restaurants.  

Like I have said I don't expect the team to be a winning team but I expect the team to be getting close to be a winning team.  Instead they seem to be getting worse.  I am not sure what is laughable about my opinion.  I think blindly following someone who has no experience leading a team before and has shown no effort in improving the team is what is laughable.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your impatience is almost laughable.    We knew what we were in for when Elias was hired.    There’s no guarantee his plan will work, but you have to let the guy do what he said he was going to do.    I’d much rather give his approach a shot than endure the half-measures of 1998-2011.   This team lacks a critical mass of young, major league ready talent right now that is a necessary ingredient for us to build a winning ball club.   When we have it, I’ll expect them to make the moves necessary to win.    Until then, it’s a waste of resources.   

Imagine this, trading for Villar was the exact type of move the team would've made between 1998-2011.  

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

Like I have said I don't expect the team to be a winning team but I expect the team to be getting close to be a winning team.  Instead they seem to be getting worse.  I am not sure what is laughable about my opinion.  I think blindly following someone who has no experience leading a team before and has shown no effort in improving the team is what is laughable.  

Probably the part about you questioning Elias' intelligence.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

There's no food/beverage/cheap ticket special that could really get me out to the ballpark right now.  Other than taking mom and dad for mothers day/fathers day which has become a tradition, I don't feel the need to go.  I live too far, the team's not that great, and I've been to plenty of games over the years.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...the home experience is way better now than it's ever been and that's a main reason why attendance is down.  Super high def TVs, comfy furnishings, A/C, your own food and beverage selections are way better than watching a game in person in the middle of July, especially when your team is not that good.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure what is laughable about my opinion. 

Elias was hired to do a full rebuild that would take 3, 4, 5 years.  He was hired to trim payroll and focus investments in infrastructure, scouting, analytics, and development.  Everyone knew he was signing on to execute a process that wouldn't put the team into contention until at least 2022 or 2023.  Ownership knew all of this, endorsed it, and agreed to it.

It's laughable that he's been executing exactly that plan for about a year and you're advocating that he be fired for it.

You got an Uber to take you from Oriole Park to Towson.  When you get three blocks north of OPACY you demand to be let out and refunded your money because he didn't go the way you wanted, he took a wrong turn at Pratt, his car wasn't the car you wanted, the music was all wrong, the air freshener smelled a little too strongly of pine, you're sure that he doesn't know where Towson is, you're pretty convinced that he's really a kidnapper, you don't know why an Uber costs so much, why doesn't the driver speak better English, you could have hitchhiked and got a better deal...

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1