Villar Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas

weams

Just now, weams said:

I'm out partying to meet a girlfriend so she can break up with me and I'll be heartbroken.

"The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert/I stumbled to my closet, went through my clothes and found my cleanest dirty shirt."

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Olney saying the Orioles could be in the Addison Russell market.

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got run over by a damned old train

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Olney saying the Orioles could be in the Addison Russell market.

I'm definitely in the camp of people who think people should be given second chances, but in today's environment that seems to be a controversial opinion. After reading Epstein's statement, I wouldn't be opposed to it, and Hyde could maybe be a character witness. I just feel like the negative PR from it wouldn't be worth it, especially after we got rid of Villar.

Edited by Spl51

23 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm out partying to meet a girlfriend so she can break up with me and I'll be heartbroken.

Plus stole your dog and

dug her key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

I'm definitely in the camp of people who think people should be given second chances, but in today's environment that seems to be a controversial opinion. After reading Epstein's statement, I wouldn't be opposed to it, and Hyde could maybe be a character witness. I just feel like the negative PR from it wouldn't be worth it, especially after we got rid of Villar.

Yeah, I really don't care.  Long ago, I stopped looking at athletes as role models and examples of how to behave.  We were fortunate and blessed to have a guy like Cal Ripken...and for the older folks around here, Brooks Robinson.  Unfortunately they can't all be that way, though.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I really don't care.  Long ago, I stopped looking at athletes as role models and examples of how to behave.  We were fortunate and blessed to have a guy like Cal Ripken...and for the older folks around here, Brooks Robinson.  Unfortunately they can't all be that way, though.

I'm not super sold on Ripken, either. That guy's too boring to not be hiding something dark. lol

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

The O’s are still going to lose at least 95 games next year. I just hate how they’re not even trying to make the 2020 club better for the fans. I’m not asking them to try and contend. But don’t make it unbearable. Why should I re-up my season tickets? I agree with Tony. I hate how cold and soulless organizations become when they’re rebuilding. It is the sheer definition of tanking. And people wonder why attendance is down and apathy is king. And I like Elias, btw. It just sucks.

See, I'm just the opposite.  I couldn't care less about whether we win 62 games instead of 57, and we're 10% more bearable to watch.  Just get us back to competitive baseball as quickly as possible.  

These are losing, throw away seasons, and are not important in the least outside of how quickly we can rebuild and get back into winning again.  

• Like 1

Whether or not you agree that signing Russell should be a PR nightmare, that doesn’t change the fact that it would be. 100%. I’m not sure exactly how you quantify the effects of a PR disaster, but if they think about signing him, they need to expect that and price the cost into the decision making process.

I’m against it personally, but if you are for it, you have to go eyes wide open into the situation, knowing the type of blowback it’d get.

• Upvote 2