Video of Altuve

Uli2001

6 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Kiley McDaniel with a long piece at FG:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/whats-next-for-the-astros/

His characterization of Elias's AGM portfolio as "everything but the MLB team" and a pioneering structure was a new perspective to me.  And if we worry about brain drain of our guys, it is a good point Stearns in Milwaukee may be ahead of our ex-Astros if they try to woo someone back.  He's accomplished more and come closer to finishing a job with his starter team.

Fascinating article, and it certainly seems Elias is running his scouting operation almost identically to how he ran it with the Astros.   

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I haven’t seen it, partly because my wife doesn’t like war movies.     I’ve missed out on many highly regarded war movies like Apocolypse Now, Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July, and lots of others for that reason.   I only saw Saving Private Ryan on TV when my wife wasn’t around.    

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Finding out that Frobby enjoys romantic comedies just made my day.  :) 

I love a good Rom-Com.     Depending how you want to define them, here are some of my favorites:

When Harry Met Sally

Sleepless in Seattle

It Happened One Night

Adam’s Rib

Silver Linings Playbook

Enough Said

The Big Sick

The Philadelphia Story

Bringing Up Baby

Moonstruck

As you can see, I like mixing in the real oldies.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I consider myself a Renaissance man.    I like movies of all types except one: horror films.   My own life is scary enough without paying to be scared in a theater.  

When my wife and I first started dating, we went to the movies and saw "The Gallows."

She didn't tell me how much of a sissy she is during horror films and my own life was too scary to be freaked out by Hollywood.

She proceeded to jump, scream, and/or swing her arms wildly at the tiniest scare, popping me in the mouth and nose a few times.

Once the movie ended, the couple behind us commented "wow, she really beat the s... out of him!"

Since then, she has been on her own with horror films...

On 1/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, Moose Milligan said:

A team gets busted for cheating and everyone thinks they're an expert on picking up telltale signs about cheating going on.

Maybe this is real, maybe this isn't.  But I think it could be a case of people seeing what they want to see, too.

Ah yes like Bush's mystery bulge

Image result for Bush's mysterious bump during debate

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I love a good Rom-Com.     Depending how you want to define them, here are some of my favorites:

When Harry Met Sally

Sleepless in Seattle

It Happened One Night

Adam’s Rib

Silver Linings Playbook

Enough Said

The Big Sick

The Philadelphia Story

Bringing Up Baby

Moonstruck

As you can see, I like mixing in the real oldies.

Great taste, these are all classics Silver Linings Play Book is a personal fav.