Maryland vs. Iowa

MurphDogg

I am going to the game tonight, hopefully Maryland can avenge their worst loss of the season.

Maryland is 5.5 point favorites which seems a little high to me.

Curious whether we see Marial tonight, he hasn't played the last two games with Tomaic getting the extra big minutes. 

Turgeon has settled into an 8 man rotation over the last four games with Tomaic or Marial as the 9th man.

Obviously the big matchup is Jalen Smith and Luka Garza. Hopefully Jalen can come up bigger than he did in their first meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

Giving up too many offensive rebounds. 

Struggling to get the ball inside, even with two Iowa bigs on the bench in foul trouble.

Especially with their two big guys in foul trouble. I do like that MD has been willing to go inside to score though.

1 minute ago, Eric-OH said:

He shows so many elements of an offensive game controller, and high level shooting fundamentals.  When are they going to consistently fall?!

Yeah, he's so athletic, but his outside shot has really fallen off with the line getting pushed back. He should drive more and become more of a DJ Strawberry slasher!

• Upvote 1

Cowan directing the offense. Shot clock running down, he calls for a screen from Scott, breaks his defender and draws help, then finds Ayala for an open 3. Buckets.

As bad as Wiggins is playing, he and Stix had a nice pick and roll. Wiggins made the great pass for a dunk.

Look at this team running plays! Scott and Stix playing tough defense all night. Morsell too.

Gotta close it out. No open threes for Iowa please.

• Upvote 1