MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

The water thing is a mystery.  

Is it really? The public is panicking. Armageddon is coming 

Shoppers have been stocking up on bottled water, hand sanitizer, cleaning products, toilet paper, face masks and other items, emptying shelves at Costco and other big-box retailers across the country in a spate of apparent "panic buying."

29 minutes ago, weams said:

I think they should just plan to play games without fans.  Limit number of coaches and team personnel at games.  It is inevitable.   Play them at spring training facilities. No reason to move everyone.  Change schedule so teams play the teams where their spring training facilities are located. 

No reason for them to fly around the country and play in huge empty stadiums.  They can play in warm weather where hopefully the virus is less like to spread and the smaller stadiums of spring training facilities will be more than big enough to handle no fans. 

Kentucky governor has suspended visitors to prisons and nursing home facilities and recommends that churches close.   

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Costco shoppers are probably people who over shop anyway.  I understand the other stuff but do they think water will stop running or stop being treated?  Maybe they are heading for back country camping.   

31 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Every see when they predict a few inches of snow in the DC/Baltimore region ?  Milk,bread and toilet paper bought like crazy. . I guess they get so excited by the mention of snow that they have to go to the bathroom many times. 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I am sure many of you have been to Oriole games and gone to the bathroom,you see many people not washing their hands and going right out.Even in a regular time this should be done because it helps with the regular flu also. 

And at most ballparks/stadiums you don't get much in the way of hot water either.   Luke warm at best.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

And at most ballparks/stadiums you don't get much in the way of hot water either.   Luke warm at best.

After washing my hands I always make sure not to touch public bathroom doors.  I figure a lot of people don't wash your hands and it defeats the whole purspose of washing your hands.  So I grab a paper towel and open the door with it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Golden State Warriors to play first NBA game without fans after San Fran bans large crowds due to coronavirus fears

California Governor Gavin Newsom chided pro sports for not taking coronavirus seriously enough. The leagues have barred media from locker rooms, but they haven’t addressed the threat to fans, he said.

“I’ve found it quite curious that the four major organizations -- NHL, soccer, Major League Baseball and the NBA -- put out guidelines to protect their players but not their fans,” he said at a press conference Tuesday.