MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Of course it's anecdotal.  Anecdotal means based on personal accounts rather than research.  Those 6000 doctors formed opinions based on ad hoc trials and third-hand conversations and casual observation.  They were not doing double-blind studies, or anything like that.  They gave it to some people and some of them got better.  If they gave them pumpkin pie, some of them would have gotten better.

Could the drug have been what made you feel better?  Sure.  Could you have gotten better because of some other cause like IV fluids or your own immune response?  Sure. 

This is why you do the science. 

My own GP who I followed up with, said he has been reading the medical world, he didnt say where, and that the combination they used on me was really working well in some cases.

One final thing, and I doubt I will find anything to say to convince you other wise. So we will agree to disagree.

IV Fluids do work wonders, on those that are dehydrated and I can tell you, I was not dehydrated, I had my normal water intake of 4, 32 oz tumblers during the day and evening.

I did not run a fever, I never had any fever with this. I was not vomiting or having dire end.

The virus was attacking my colon and I had intense pressure onto off my chest, and cold chills, with white clammy skin, classic heart attack systems.

They said I had serious pneumonia, which was news to me, as I hadnt had any trouble breathing until that morning when all this hit me and hit me hard.

They also put me on O2, and my Pulse Sox rate was dropping.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

My own GP who I followed up with, said he has been reading the medical world, he didnt say where, and that the combination they used on me was really working well in some cases.

One final thing, and I doubt I will find anything to say to convince you other wise. So we will agree to disagree.

IV Fluids do work wonders, on those that are dehydrated and I can tell you, I was not dehydrated, I had my normal water intake of 4, 32 oz tumblers during the day and evening.

I did not run a fever, I never had any fever with this. I was not vomiting or having dire end.

The virus was attacking my colon and I had intense pressure onto off my chest, and cold chills, with white clammy skin, classic heart attack systems.

They said I had serious pneumonia, which was news to me, as I hadnt had any trouble breathing until that morning when all this hit me and hit me hard.

Are you taking any meds now?

IHME  model says we (Maryland) can start relaxing stay at home order on June 5th.  Arizona where baseball has mentioned as a possibility is June 23rd.  Florida June 11th.  Of course that is if we keep with social distancing until then.  

17 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You could have had a bacterial infection in your lungs that was causing pnuemonia.  When you get weak from an illness it is easier to get bacterial pneumonia.  Very common in nursing homes and hospitals to the final cause of death to be pneumonia.  Anti-biotics could have helped that.  Not saying this is the case but there are reasons you could have gotten better besides the medicine you received.  And even if it helped you it doesn't mean it won't make other people worse.  

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

You could have had a bacterial infection in your lungs that was causing pnuemonia.  When you get weak from an illness it is easier to get bacterial pneumonia.  Very common in nursing homes and hospitals to the final cause of death to be pneumonia.  Anti-biotics could have helped that.  Not saying this is the case but there are reasons you could have gotten better besides the medicine you received.  And even if it helped you it doesn't mean it won't make other people worse.  

Why are you so negative all of the time?

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

I guess, I will leave that with my GP of 40 years, who I trust way more than well intended experts with a keyboard and internet access.

He said that COVID gave me, bilateral pneumonia.

Nursing homes and hospitals get pneumonia, because many of them are weakened state and dont move around much. This decreases their ability for their lungs to get good air exchange and removing the CO2 and getting in good O2.

The day I was stricken was a normal day. I was up about and about, doing things that I normally do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

One of OH true doom and gloomers. Hopefully, thats just his personality here in OH.

I shudder to think how he is in RL.

At least I am not a misogynist.  I shudder to think how you are in real life. 

31 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Why are you so negative all of the time?

You have to look for the flaws in any study.  From the studies out there this drug is not effective at best.  I will read the studies and then read the peer reviews over he guy with the racist user name who obviously has an agenda for touting the drug.  

• Upvote 1