14 hours ago, Frobby said:

School budgets:

Baltimore County $2.17 bb

Montgomery County $2.68 bb

Prince Georges Count $1.8 mm

DC $918 mm

Howard County $972 mm

Ann Arundel $1.27 bb

That’s an annual expenditure, not a one-time expenditure on a stadium.

St. Mary's County, population about 115k, has an annual school budget of about $250M.  Or roughly comparable to the Orioles' annual revenues.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, atomic said:

So, maybe I should punch a hole into this...  below is the weather for March in Quito, coming from weather.com...

Capture.png

2 hours ago, orioles119 said:

So, maybe I should punch a hole into this...  below is the weather for March in Quito, coming from weather.com...

Capture.png

The hard hit city in Ecuador so far has been Quayaquil, a steamy city on the coast.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Guayaquil+Guayas+Province+Ecuador?canonicalCityId=b1d9e8116f73998ee0d671f8e314e21dcd16709df1c026a38ad44a53b42467c7

2 hours ago, orioles119 said:

Capture.png

Quito is high on the Andes, a very different climate than Guayaquil, which is on the littoral. I have been to Quito, an amazing place. There are semi-dormant volcanos all the way around the town.

Boris Johnson admitted to the hospital.

Tom Dempsey who for many years held the record for the longest field goal in NFL history had died from covid.

I got curbside pickup of groceries from downtown restaurant today. Literally hundreds of people jogged by my car in both directions and the squeegee kids were out in numbers. Saw group of five people talking to a beggar for a while. Doesn’t seem like younger people are taking this seriously at all. 

15 hours ago, atomic said:

Boris Johnson admitted to the hospital.

Tom Dempsey who for many years held the record for the longest field goal in NFL history had died from covid.

I got curbside pickup of groceries from downtown restaurant today. Literally hundreds of people jogged by my car in both directions and the squeegee kids were out in numbers. Saw group of five people talking to a beggar for a while. Doesn’t seem like younger people are taking this seriously at all. 

Yesterday I went to Tractor Supply to get chicken feed, and the the grocery store.  About half the folks in Tractor Supply were wearing masks (me included).  At the grocery store it was more like 5%. More were wearing gloves, which aren't as effective.  Only one of five or six cashiers were wearing anything protective.  On the way I saw a group of ~20 motorcyclists parked on the side of the road talking, standing within arms length of one another, wearing no obvious protection.

I work for the DoD and we now have more-or-less mandatory masks for those going on station to do limited operations.  If you can't maintain six feet, but we're "strongly encouraged" in all cases, which in military speak means "you better do it, even if we can't technically order you to."

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yesterday I went to Tractor Supply to get chicken feed, and the the grocery store.  About half the folks in Tractor Supply were wearing masks (me included).  At the grocery store it was more like 5%. More were wearing gloves, which aren't as effective.  Only one of five or six cashiers were wearing anything protective.  On the way I saw a group of ~20 motorcyclists parked on the side of the road talking, standing within arms length of one another, wearing no obvious protection.

I work for the DoD and we now have more-or-less mandatory masks for those going on station to do limited operations.  If you can't maintain six feet, but we're "strongly encouraged" in all cases, which in military speak means "you better do it, even if we can't technically order you to."

I went to the store yesterday and it was a different, more serious vibe, then it was last week.

There was this one guy that did manage to touch his face at least 30 times that I noticed.  Not sure if it was a physiological and psychological compulsion that was causing it but he needs to stay home and let his wife? shop by herself.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

People need to be told to wear masks.  People are so afraid to be doing things that the majority of other people are not doing that they would rather die than put a mask on.  It is good the Department of Defense is mandating masks.  If we could just get a leader say if you are outside of your home wear a mask.  

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I went to the store yesterday and it was a different, more serious vibe, then it was last week.

There was this one guy that did manage to touch his face at least 30 times that I noticed.  Not sure if it was a physiological and psychological compulsion that was causing it but he needs to stay home and let his wife? shop by herself.

At least you didnt have what I saw last week, a woman making the best dozen eggs possible out of four different cartons...

And as for "heat will stop this" did people not notice that one of the worst countries at the initial outbreak was Iran?  Now I realize we have sanctioned the hell out of that country and they have limited resources but...did anyone really think the heat was going to matter.

Edit: Iran has been a little colder than usual this time of year but there are also several more countries with issues that are coming out of their summer months right now.

10 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

At least you didnt have what I saw last week, a woman making the best dozen eggs possible out of four different cartons...

And as for "heat will stop this" did people not notice that one of the worst countries at the initial outbreak was Iran?  Now I realize we have sanctioned the hell out of that country and they have limited resources but...did anyone really think the heat was going to matter.

He was picking through a pile of corn on the cob.

As for the heat thing, well with the flu virus it does make a difference so it was a possibility.  Still might be with extreme temperatures.  Also, judging by a quick look, it hasn't been all that hot in Iran. 

• Upvote 1