MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

2 hours ago, jarman86 said:

So....Florida governor has declared sports in his state essential business.  WWE resumes live shows, wondering if this helps MLB move to their May start date.  

It would be nice if we had a federal response to this.  We can’t keep people who visited or live in Florida out of our state.  States are forming alliances due to the vacuum of action from the federal government,  The federal government should shut WWE down as it isn’t essential.

22 minutes ago, atomic said:

It would be nice if we had a federal response to this.  We can’t keep people who visited or live in Florida out of our state.  States are forming alliances due to the vacuum of action from the federal government,  The federal government should shut WWE down as it isn’t essential.

That pesky federalism thing tends to get in the way.  The same reason why we can't impose a national stay at home order, these things fall under police powers which are reserved to the states. 

Don't want to break any rules and I'm not speaking to any benefits/drawbacks of this. 

I didn't want to get too personal and not sports related but just wanted to give you a good idea what a bad case of the virus is like. I apologize if it is not sports related but baseball is just throwing crap against the wall until we have a better idea. Even heard Korea in one of the posts. That will not happen? 

Anyhow so they call my friend in the hospital a walkie/talkie. He can talk and walk a little which is better then most of them in this Texas hospital . No ventilator which is also good. 

I hesitate to send this update because there’s not much that’s new...
I spoke with his nurse that said he’s doing good, they got him up twice yesterday to walk which wasn’t far since the oxygen he’s on is connected to the wall behind his bed ??‍♀️
They continue to try & lower his oxygen to get him to breath on his own & he’s not able to without his oxygen level dropping too low.
I then spoke to C who is extremely frustrated & feels he’s had this virus for 20 days & been at the hospital for 8 & is doing everything they say to do & doesn’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. His nurse told him this is very slow going for most people! 
I think he’s getting stir crazy being alone in his room that the nurses seldom come into due to the virus. I reminded him that he is making progress - eating solids agains, no more diarrhea, no more 103 fever. 
I’m looking forward to hearing from him today & I hope his spirits will be better.

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I didn't want to get too personal and not sports related but just wanted to give you a good idea what a bad case of the virus is like. I apologize if it is not sports related but baseball is just throwing crap against the wall until we have a better idea. Even heard Korea in one of the posts. That will not happen? 

Anyhow so they call my friend in the hospital a walkie/talkie. He can talk and walk a little which is better then most of them in this Texas hospital . No ventilator which is also good. 

I hesitate to send this update because there’s not much that’s new...
I spoke with his nurse that said he’s doing good, they got him up twice yesterday to walk which wasn’t far since the oxygen he’s on is connected to the wall behind his bed ??‍♀️
They continue to try & lower his oxygen to get him to breath on his own & he’s not able to without his oxygen level dropping too low.
I then spoke to C who is extremely frustrated & feels he’s had this virus for 20 days & been at the hospital for 8 & is doing everything they say to do & doesn’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. His nurse told him this is very slow going for most people! 
I think he’s getting stir crazy being alone in his room that the nurses seldom come into due to the virus. I reminded him that he is making progress - eating solids agains, no more diarrhea, no more 103 fever. 
I’m looking forward to hearing from him today & I hope his spirits will be better.

I think the fact that he can walk around even a little and he doesn't have a fever are signs he is recovering.  Hopefully he continues to get better.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, atomic said:

You do realize Vince McMahan and the President are "friends."  I mean, our President is in the WWE Hall of Fame (seriously, I laughed too).  He also wants sports to start ASAP (Governor DeSantis is one of his minions).  So.....that is not going to happen.  

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

That pesky federalism thing tends to get in the way.  The same reason why we can't impose a national stay at home order, these things fall under police powers which are reserved to the states. 

Don't want to break any rules and I'm not speaking to any benefits/drawbacks of this. 

Actually, they can issue a national stay at home order if it affects or puts other states in danger is my understanding, but you are correct, they can't force an individual state to do one thing.  

On 4/7/2020 at 3:30 PM, atomic said:

It isn't going to happen.  President says something different every day.  Also I know Disney owns ESPN. Sold all my Disney stock back in late February for a nice profit. 

Not going to warn you again on politics again. I've seen you multiple times try to steer this conversation to politics and you know this is a no-no here.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not going to warn you again on politics again. I've seen you multiple times try to steer this conversation to politics and you know this is a no-no here.

I don't see this as politics. I think this directly applies to whether and where baseball starts back up.   Really had to discuss anything about baseball starting back up this year without politics if this is considered politics.

Anyway Maryland had the fifth highest new cases of the virus today in the country.

1 hour ago, jarman86 said:

Actually, they can issue a national stay at home order if it affects or puts other states in danger is my understanding, but you are correct, they can't force an individual state to do one thing.  

Right, the idea is that it comes within the power to regulate interstate commerce, but it's a little tricky. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I don't see this as politics. I think this directly applies to whether and where baseball starts back up.   Really had to discuss anything about baseball starting back up this year without politics if this is considered politics.

Anyway Maryland had the fifth highest new cases of the virus today in the country.

I can't believe I'm going to side with atomic on this, but I agree it isn't political, other than to state a fact, that it does vary day to day what the president says, especially when it comes to the re-opening of the economy.

1 hour ago, jarman86 said:

I can't believe I'm going to side with atomic on this, but I agree it isn't political, other than to state a fact, that it does vary day to day what the president says, especially when it comes to the re-opening of the economy.

Maybe atomic is one of your minions.

7 hours ago, atomic said:

So the federal administrator of small business is Linda McMahon, who of course owns WWE, so good luck with that.

• Upvote 1