Owners submit new economic plan to union : UPDATED

Tony-OH

6 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I agree.  And wouldn't mind it at all to be honest.  The Orioles would actually have a chance.

I agree the Owners will not take the hit.

Not that I support the players, which I dont.

But, I would rather go watch rec league than replacement players.

Sorry, and I only speak for me, "IF" the players dont play and force the owners into action, then fork you, dont need professional ball in my life.

Go watch the college ladies play softball would be better.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Walk Chamberlain bragged about scoring with 20,000 woman in his NBA career.

Something about a dude in a uniform that women dig.

Do the math on that.  That's sleeping with a different woman every single day for 55 years.  Even if he lined up three new women a day, that's three different women every single day for over 18 years.  I think he exaggerated a bit. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I totally wouldn't put it past Manfred to declare the CBA void and play with replacement players. No way the owners take the hit from a lost year of revenue laying down.

I don't think he can simply declare the CBA void.  You can bet there would be an immediate lawsuit, injunction, appeal, etc.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't think he can simply declare the CBA void.  You can bet there would be an immediate lawsuit, injunction, appeal, etc.

I'm no lawyer, so just asking a hypothetical question.

If the Union turns down the proposal and for all intents and purposes says we're not playing this year, could the owners say "that's fine, but we are open for business and we are going to field a team."  Because I'd rather watch Tony and Scottie and Snutchy in O's uniforms than not have any baseball at all.  

39 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Do the math on that.  That's sleeping with a different woman every single day for 55 years.  Even if he lined up three new women a day, that's three different women every single day for over 18 years.  I think he exaggerated a bit. 

Correct, and which I said Bragged.

But, I am also sure, he had more than his share.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He based it on a trip to Hawaii and his numbers there and multiplied by his life. But wo,en said he hit on other women when he was on dates with them.  

Gene Simmons claims an incredibly high number as well,  That seems less believable as he looks like he got hit with an ugly stick.

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

I agree.  And wouldn't mind it at all to be honest.  The Orioles would actually have a chance.

Yeah who would hold out from the Orioles anyway? Most of the guys might not get another chance and I can’t see Davis and Cobb giving up getting any salary.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yeah but...doesn't the 12 year old in you kinda hope that it's true?

21 minutes ago, atomic said:

He based it on a trip to Hawaii and his numbers there and multiplied by his life. But wo,en said he hit on other women when he was on dates with them.  

Gene Simmons claims an incredibly high number as well,  That seems less believable as he looks like he got hit with an ugly stick.

You dont understand why women love Gene Simmons?

Hint: His tongue is legendary. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah but...doesn't the 12 year old in you kinda hope that it's true?

LOL, dang sure it did.

But, when I was 12, I wanted to be Bond, James Bond, just the mere mention of my name, women are dropping their clothes are become instant sex partners.

16 hours ago, Chuck A said:

The players need to play.  As far as how bad this pandemic is, let me share some first hand information.  I was hospitalized on April 2nd, I had a heart attack.  Not from fear of Covid-19 but from blockages of arteries in my heart.  I had to have emergency surgery ... I feel 1000% better today than I did then.  I am a very friendly person and am at ease speaking to damn near anyone at all.  Anyway, I was informed while in the hospital that in my condition, even though the only symptom similar to the Covid-19 pandemic being shortness of breath, I would be counted as a patient.  The staff I spoke to was in absolute disgust that the reasoning for this (from high up in the hospital) was that they would get a $39,000 bonus for each case they report.  And other information I will not share.  Be careful of what you hear on the news today.  It will be different a few years down the road.

I've heard similar stories. Lots of them. Glad to hear you are doing better though!

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I've heard similar stories. Lots of them. Glad to hear you are doing better though!

A completely different context. But I was at UCLA when the 1994 Northridge earthquake hit. I basically was more or less homeless and lived at school. A couple weeks after the quake at about 3 AM, a team of "painters" showed up on the floor of our lab, armed with razor blades, and proceeded to make deep scratches on the walls. I thought this was odd. Then a couple days later during the daytime, dudes dressed in suits and armed with clipboards showed up to take notes. Then a few weeks after that the same "painters" showed up to spackle in  the cuts they had previously made, repaint, and move in some fancy new furniture. I grew up a lot that winter.

• Upvote 1