Schedule: Draft Day #2 Starts at 5PM Today (6/11/20)

The five-round Draft will begin on Wednesday, June 10 at 7 p.m. ET, with both MLB Network and ESPN producing live coverage -- the first time more than one network will provide live primetime coverage of the event. The first night of coverage will span the first 37 picks, covering the first round and Competitive Balance Round A.

Coverage continues on Thursday, June 11 on MLB Network and ESPN2 at 5 p.m. ET and will pick up with the start of the second round (pick No. 38) and run through the end of the fifth and final round of this year’s Draft. There will be a total of 160 picks in the 2020 Draft.The Draft usually runs 40 rounds but was shortened this year in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'd be curious if anyone wanted to group-watch this live, via Skype or Zoom or something?  Could be fun.  I don't have a paid account to Zoom, but Skype is free. @Tony-OH what do you think? :)

I think if people want to do that, have fun! :D 

Honestly, I will be on here to discuss the Orioles picks like we always do.

• Upvote 2

Roch:

My backup pick is Lacy, though there are some people in the industry who think the Orioles will wait to choose a pitcher. Stud lefties are hard to ignore, no matter which team is on the clock.

Lacy made four starts this year and allowed two earned runs in 24 innings. He struck out 46 batters. The Texas native, who turned 21 yesterday, posted a 2.13 ERA and 1.038 WHIP in 15 starts as a sophomore and struck out 130 batters in 88 2/3 innings.

The fastball can touch 98 mph and the slider also is a plus pitch. The curveball and changeup can rate as above average. His control is shaky at times, the biggest knock against him, but he’s become the best pitcher in the draft class.

New Mexico State infielder Nick Gonzales is hovering and there’s been some speculation that the Orioles could select him based on “signability.” And because he can flat-out hit, for average and power, as he also demonstrated in the Cape Cod League.

Gonzales would be the dark horse pick. I’m still riding Martin to the finish line.