9/4 Player Pool - Lowther added

MurphDogg

It is somewhat of a surprise that they were added before the secondary camp is ready to go. Obviously Mountcastle is being held back for service time related issues. 

I am actually not sure how long he has to be down this year in order to not accrue a full year of service time. I would assume it is pro-rated, with every day on the MLB roster this year counting for 2.7-ish days of service time since the season is 66 days long instead of 180, but I am not sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

It is somewhat of a surprise that they were added before the secondary camp is ready to go. Obviously Mountcastle is being held back for service time related issues. 

I am actually not sure how long he has to be down this year in order to not accrue a full year of service time. I would assume it is pro-rated, with every day on the MLB roster this year counting for 2.7-ish days of service time since the season is 66 days long instead of 180, but I am not sure.

I’ve read it’s 186/66 per day this year. You need 172 to get a year. So 186 makes sense as there’s usually a 14 day grace period i think.

So it seems like 6 days off the roster gets an extra year (61, or 5 days off, is 171.9 and presumably rounds up but who knows). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, makoman said:

I’ve read it’s 186/66 per day this year. You need 172 to get a year. So 186 makes sense as there’s usually a 14 day grace period i think.

So it seems like 6 days off the roster gets an extra year (61, or 5 days off, is 171.9 and presumably rounds up but who knows). 

And then the next CBA blows it all up anyway. 

I just heard that watching the MASN replay of Hyder's Zoom. Good news on Mason and Ryan. He said there will be more players "trickling in" as well.

There isn't really a general camp thread so I'll stick this here. Video of a LIVE look-in at Seattle Mariners Summer Camp*. Thanks MASN!

*Not to be confused with Tommy's Holiday Camp-PA.

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I didn't know they counted that by actual days. Instead of game days or games.