Santander is back!

MurphDogg

8 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

How many more years do we have before this guy can become a free agent?

He had just under two years of service time coming into this season. He will be a Super Two this coming offseason and will be eligible for free agency after the 2024 season.

• Thanks 3

o

An early candidate for the 2020 MVO ........

(AUGUST 18th)

Santander's 13-game hitting streak is the longest streak by an Oriole since Trey Mancinis 17-game hitting streak in September 2017.

On the year, 68% of Santanders hits (19 out of 28) have been for extra-bases, including 9 Doubles, 1 Triple, and 9 Home Runs.

Santander now has a team-leading 8 multi-RBI games, and 5 in his last 10 games.

SOURCE: ) Steve Melewski

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2020/08/caleb-joseph-on-return-to-baltimore-plus-other-notes.html

o

o

(AUGUST 21st)

Santander's hitting streak reached 16 games.

It is the longest current streak in the Major Leagues.

During the 16-game run, Santander is batting .343 (23-for-67) with 7 Home Runs and 18 RBI's, 7 Doubles, and 1 Triple.

SOURCE: ) Steve Melewski

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2020/08/mountcastles-debut-significant-for-the-organization-plus-other-notes.html#comments

o

What do you think Santander could garner in a trade return (considering he is under team control for 4 more years)?  Do you think it would be a pretty decent return?  Santander (and Alberto) are my two current favorite Os, but if someone would really offer up a really nice return for either player, the Os would have to consider it considering how many holes are still in the farm system

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

What do you think Santander could garner in a trade return (considering he is under team control for 4 more years)?  Do you think it would be a pretty decent return?  Santander (and Alberto) are my two current favorite Os, but if someone would really offer up a really nice return for either player, the Os would have to consider it considering how many holes are still in the farm system

He would have to get a king's ransom return for the Orioles to trade him at this point, and I don't see any team making that offer based on a 28 game stretch.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, gold21030 said:

He would have to get a king's ransom return for the Orioles to trade him at this point, and I don't see any team making that offer based on a 28 game stretch.

Your point is valid, but to be fair its actually been longer than 28 games.  Anthony has been really hitting well (and playing decent defense) since being recalled the middle (last 93 games) of last season. A lot of national media pundits were thinking he was a breakout candidate this year (during Spring Training and before the shortened season)

3 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Your point is valid, but to be fair its actually been longer than 28 games.  Anthony has been really hitting well (and playing decent defense) since being recalled the middle (last 93 games) of last season. A lot of national media pundits were thinking he was a breakout candidate this year (during Spring Training and before the shortened season)

But the point is valid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:37 PM, MurphDogg said:

Santander Is Back !!! 

I was starting to get a little worried.

Hopefully, Dwight Smith, Jr. is OK physically ...... but unlike Santander, I don't particularly care if he is or isn't on the roster.

o

(73 DAYS LATER)

2020 Most Valuable Oriole

o

• Upvote 2