Attention Chris Davis

SteveA

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see why folks think that bunt singles are automatic.  They aren't.  Sac bunts aren't automatic and half the time the opposing team is trying to help facilitate them.

Bunt singles are not automatic anymore than looking at a third strike.  I'd prefer a bunt out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is 0-6 and has hit two ball hard not really sure why people on him already. He hit well in spring so let’s hope he can contribute some this season but no need to start complaining 6 at bats in.

This. I have hope yet for this year.

5 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is 0-6 and has hit two ball hard not really sure why people on him already. He hit well in spring so let’s hope he can contribute some this season but no need to start complaining 6 at bats in.

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

8 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

Starting Friday they can play Mountcastle at first.  He would then improve his WAR by more than one over last year. ?

19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see why folks think that bunt singles are automatic.  They aren't.  Sac bunts aren't automatic and half the time the opposing team is trying to help facilitate them.

They are if you’re actually good at it. 

19 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I’d take 5 of 6 bunt singles from Davis.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Eh, it’s going on three years of ineptitude. People have every reason to get on him until he actually produces in the regular season. Consistently.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pretty good shape?  He was catcher slow last year before bulking up.

Did I say he was fast? Good shape. He should be able to get bat to ball in a good position and get a hit with no one on the left side of the IF.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Did I say he was fast? Good shape. He should be able to get bat to ball in a good position and get a hit with no one on the left side of the IF.

Not sure what you mean?  Bat control isn't so much an in shape thing right?  Now the ability to haul down the line is a bunt for hit thing.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure what you mean?  Bat control isn't so much an in shape thing right?  Now the ability to haul down the line is a bunt for hit thing.

To bunt the ball a hitter takes a different physical position rather than when he’s swinging away. First  of all, just the act of separating your hands is different. Then, bunting for a BH is different in that a sacrifice bunt has the hitter more stationary. Moving to get momentum AND make good contact on the bunt takes more athleticism. 

Again, with no one on the left side, Davis has even more time to square up a good bunt that gets past the pitcher and place the ball in an almost indefensible position as to almost guarantee him a hit.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

To bunt the ball a hitter takes a different physical position rather than when he’s swinging away. First  of all, just the act of separating your hands is different. Then, bunting for a BH is different in that a sacrifice bunt has the hitter more stationary. Moving to get momentum going AND make good contact on the bunt takes more athleticism. 

Again, with no one on the left side, Davis has even more time to square up a good bunt that gets past the pitcher and place the ball in an almost indefensible position as to almost guarantee him a hit.

Sure, but what does that have to do with him being in pretty good shape?