Shepherd up, Hess down

MurphDogg

11 minutes ago, AZRon said:

Of the 42 players on the 40 man, 3 are currently on the 45 day IL thus leaving 1 vacancy for Shepherd:
Trey Mancini, Richie Martin and Kohl Stewart are on the 45 day IL

(22) Pitchers: Akin,  Armstrong, Carrol, Castro, Cobb, Eshelman, Fry, Givens, Harvey, Hess, Kremer, Lakins, Leblanc, Lopez, Means, Milone, Phillips, Scott, Shepherd, Sulser, Tate, Wojo

(4) Catchers: Holaday, Severino, Sisco, Wynns

(9) Infielders: Alberto, Davis, Iglesias, Mountcastle, Nunez, Ruiz, Arias, Valaika, Velazquez

(6)  Outfielder: Hays, McKenna, Mullins, Santander, Smith Stewart

I count 41.   What am I doing wrong?

18 minutes ago, AZRon said:

Of the 42 players on the 40 man, 3 are currently on the 45 day IL thus leaving 1 vacancy for Shepherd:
Trey Mancini, Richie Martin and Kohl Stewart are on the 45 day IL

The official website shows 44 players on the 40-man including Shepherd. Not sure which names don't belong.

Neither Tate nor Harvey have gone on the 45-day IL. 

I am stumped.

16 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Roch isn't doing the counting, I'm sure the team told them that this takes them to 39.

Nathan Ruiz is a Baltimore Sun reporter--- Right?  So it not he Orioles saying it.

My best guess is the Lopez has been DFA'd to try to get him to Bowie.  I have been waiting for that.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Nathan Ruiz is a Baltimore Sun reporter--- Right?  So it not he Orioles saying it.

My best guess is the Lopez has been DFA'd to try to get him to Bowie.  I have been waiting for that.

Right Ruiz is with The Sun, he tweeted it at the same time as Roch because they heard it at the same time, from someone on the team during a media Zoom call.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The more I see the moves being made, the more I think Elias has no intention of winning this year and perhaps making ownership believe they are close to winning consistently.

Saying that, Hess just doesn't have the movement or command of his fastball to be consistent at the major league level, but this move screams out just bringing up a guy to be the mop up guy. 

He also seems to have lost a couple mph. I'm not sure if that's by design to gain control/movement, just something I noticed. A lot more 93 and less 95.