Shepherd up, Hess down

MurphDogg

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why are they bringing up another terrible, going nowhere pitcher?  Bring up Kremer or someone like him.

Because whoever they bring up now is going to go right back down when Means is up (hopefully Sunday).

Would rather keep the meaningful prospects on their schedules rather than disrupt it for what will hopefully be two days of sitting on the bench in the bullpen.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Because whoever they bring up now is going to go right back down when Means is up (hopefully Sunday).

Would rather keep the meaningful prospects on their schedules rather than disrupt it for what will hopefully be two days of sitting on the bench in the bullpen.

Fair point..although we can send down plenty of guys for the meaningful prospects.

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why are they bringing up another terrible, going nowhere pitcher?  Bring up Kremer or someone like him.

The more I see the moves being made, the more I think Elias has no intention of winning this year and perhaps making ownership believe they are close to winning consistently.

Saying that, Hess just doesn't have the movement or command of his fastball to be consistent at the major league level, but this move screams out just bringing up a guy to be the mop up guy. 

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The more I see the moves being made, the more I think Elias has no intention of winning this year and perhaps making ownership believe they are close to winning consistently.

Saying that, Hess just doesn't have the movement or command of his fastball to be consistent at the major league level, but this move screams out just bringing up a guy to be the mop up guy. 

Yep.  I don’t like Hess either.I had hoped that a move to the pen would help him but he’s in the Cody Carroll category for me...we could release him tomorrow and I wouldn’t really care.

But bring up someone with real upside.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I thought the 40 man roster was full.  If they are bringing Shepherd up some one has to go off the 40.

According to Roch, this only brings the 40-man up to 39. I know Kohl Stewart came off when he opted out, I can't think of any other recent moves.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I thought the 40 man roster was full.  If they are bringing Shepherd up some one has to go off the 40.

Of the 42 players on the 40 man, 3 are currently on the 45 day IL thus leaving 1 vacancy for Shepherd:
Trey Mancini, Richie Martin and Kohl Stewart are on the 45 day IL