Trade proposal for tampa

ofan239

We saw last night that tampa lost another reliever last night to injury so I would be curious if tampa would do this trade with us

Tampa gets : Givens and Hanser Alberto 

Orioles get : Brandon Lowe and a lower level pitching prospect .

Tampa would get a set up man and a bullpen piece that would could perform multiple roles and a hitter in Alberto that could step in at second and third with the loss of Lowe 

Orioles get a top of the order hitter with a good on base percentage that would help the offense now and in the future as well as a local guy from Suffolk Va who went to University  of Maryland . 

would we be giving up too much ? Would Tampa even do it ?  Those would be the issues . 

• Thanks 1

Brandon Lowe is literally the MVP of that team this year.  If there were an all star game we would be talking about him being the starting 2B.

He is: 

4th in AL War, top 10 OBP, 2nd in OPS, top 7 in HR and RBI.

The rays aren't trading him unless the names Adley Ruschman and Grayson Rodriguez are prominently featured with the two you mentioned and even then they wouldn't for it because it would put their competitive team in such a big hole.

All is not lost though they do have Nate Lowe and Josh Lowe, either of whom may be valuable targets for trade.

• Thanks 1

Right after this I looked up his profile and saw that he just signed an extension with them so scratch that idea . But if I am the Os that’s the kind of player I’d be looking for - a top of the order hitter not as established with superior on base skills . I’d be nice to have someone on frequently in the future when Santander , Mancini Rutschman , Mountcastle and Kjerstad are hitting 

44 minutes ago, ofan239 said:

Right after this I looked up his profile and saw that he just signed an extension with them so scratch that idea . But if I am the Os that’s the kind of player I’d be looking for - a top of the order hitter not as established with superior on base skills . I’d be nice to have someone on frequently in the future when Santander , Mancini Rutschman , Mountcastle and Kjerstad are hitting 

Is Mancini recovering well enough for baseball?

Regardless of whether this is a reasonable trade or not, I actually am not sure it’s a good idea to make a trade for someone who has already debuted. I think it would be wiser to get a solid prospect who could be expected to debut next season.

Alberto might bring such a guy, I think it is increasingly unlikely that we trade Santandar, but I’m pretty sure he would bring such a guy, and maybe a throw in as well.
Severino is getting some nice Press, for his hitting, if not for his defense, I wonder how desperate people are for a catcher?

Armstrong, Givens, Sulser Would not bring as much, but they have some value.

The White Sox have been hungry for the playoffs for a long time, I really think we should be engaging in some deep discussions with them.

• Upvote 1

This trade makes no sense for them or us ....In 2019 Lowe was worth 2.6 war and Alberto 2.9. Lowe is hot in 28 games but I'm not sure it makes sense to trade Givens and Alberto to get him.

We should trade both guys for future considerations (prospects either  in the player pool or TBN under the current rules)

• Haha 1