Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

12 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Don't overlook Boog and Belanger.  They overlapped pretty neatly.

Well, not really, relatively speaking. Belanger played 8 seasons and 916 games after Boog left.    I think Boog/Blair might be higher.  

Some others that would be pretty high are Eddie/Dauer and Eddie/Dempsey.     Eddie rarely missed a game while he was here, and those two overlapped with him entirely except in ‘76 when Eddie was still in the minors.   

Interestingly, Adam Jones’ sprint speed is up .5 ft/sec, to 27.2, slightly above league average.    Not sure if he did something to work on his speed this offseason, or whether he was playing hurt last year, or is it just a function of it being early in the year before his legs are tired?

I wonder if there’s any data on whether sprint speeds tend to go down as the season progresses?

FWIW, right now Richie Martin ranks 8th in sprint speed at 29.3 and Cedric Mullins ranks 13th at 29.1.   

6 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Rochester and the O's had a 40 year affiliation, that worked pretty well until the PA and Syd Thrift era.. when the minors were treated as an inconvenience not a way to insure success. This relationship created a large O's fan base in Yankee territory. Just because it is North of the Mason-Dixon line does not make it Canada. 

Yeah I loved the Red Wings team and I've been stopped probably 30-40 times in my life in an Os hat by people who grew up/live in Rochester who miss the team (at least the Orioles part).   I was mostly commenting on distance..I mean, customs aside, its probably easier to get a player from Ottawa to Balmer than from Rochester.  I have a ton of late 80s, early 90s Red Wings team baseball card sets that used to be worth a decent amount back when trading cards still had more value than an Esskay casing.  

8 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Rochester had lots of guys on their squad in the early 70s that couldnt break into the bigs, almost like a cult following for them. :) :)

Lots of New York fans actually do not love the Yankees, crazy as it sounds. King George alienated many fans over the years with his decisions and antics.

New Jersey is Yankee country.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MikeAD said:

Yeah I loved the Red Wings team and I've been stopped probably 30-40 times in my life in an Os hat by people who grew up/live in Rochester who miss the team (at least the Orioles part).   I was mostly commenting on distance..I mean, customs aside, its probably easier to get a player from Ottawa to Balmer than from Rochester.  I have a ton of late 80s, early 90s Red Wings team baseball card sets that used to be worth a decent amount back when trading cards still had more value than an Esskay casing.  

Why would it be easier dealing with Ottawa? I am pretty sure Rochester is closer.  There are also regular flights between Rochester and BWI. 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, MikeAD said:

Where in the hell is "Balmer?"

Christian Walker so far for Diamondbacks this 2019 ……… 68 AB 6HR   11 Rbi   .353 avg. A line from Alanis song ……… "Who would of thought ……. It figures "     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliHH5Wc_q0