Cubs Fan Puts Loyalty Up For Sale; E-Bay Cancels Listing.

Migrant Redbird

E-Bay Listing

After 41 years, enough is enough! I am now selling my Chicago Cubs Loyalty and Support. My blood pressure and hopes and dreams can not take this constant abuse. My family and friends, along with my neighbors, would say that I need to forget about the Cubs and move on. As in any extremely abusive relationship, it takes time to see the mistake of staying in the relationship, and I now know it is time to get out of this relationship. I have lived and sometimes almost died with the ups and mostly downs of living on each pitch. I now see the error of my ways.

The highest bidder can designate my new MLB team to which I will give at least 20 years of devotion and constant cheering. I will attend at least 2 home games and 1 road game for this team every year. Also, I will give to a charity of your choice, a donation of approximately a dozen Chicago tee shirts (2X), 1 Cubs Mark Grace #17 jersey, 1 Ryne Sandberg bobblehead doll, and 1 personalized Nevada license plate that reads "ACUBFAN". If the charity would will not accept these items, I will give $100 to the charity, along with video of me burning all of my Chicago Cubs items. I feel that something good should come from the end of this relationship.

I am now looking for closure to this long and extremely painful portion of my life and walking through a new door and team.

Thanks for looking.

If you follow the E-Bay link....

This listing (260296144067) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Funny, whether it was legitimate or not.

So which Cub flooded the visitor's dugout at Dodger Stadium?

Sportsline's Ray Ratto says he has been impressed with the way Cubs fans handled last week's sweep at the hands of the Dodgers, keeping the public whining and griping to a minimum.

The reaction of the actual Cubs players themselves, though, might be a different matter.

As reported by Rick Telander in today's Chicago Sun-Times, a water pipe in the visitor's dugout at Dodger Stadium was smashed with something near or at the end of Saturday's Game 3. The force was enough to cause the pipe to break and flood the dugout floor. Manager Lou Piniella was prevented from crossing the field to the postgame interview room.

No one on the Cubs has fessed up, though GM Jim Hendry is reported to have told a Dodgers official to "find out how much it costs and we'll pay for it."

Archived