Orioles claim RHP Ashton Goudeau

MurphDogg

Gaudy numbers with AA Hartford in 2019. Also had great numbers in the Arizona Fall League in 2019.

28 year-old rookies typically aren't exactly breakout candidates, but I guess they will see what they have in Spring Training.

This was his second time being claimed off waivers this offseason and he didn't make it far down the waiver claims list either time .

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Are the Orioles hoping for a Nick Anderson type situation here? Don't mind this move and interesting to see Wynns removed from the 40-man. I think that's a sign the Orioles intend to (1) add some non-roster invitee types behind the plate who will have just as much chance as Wynns rather than just spring training depth guys, and (2) they wanted to keep a couple spots open on the 40-man for the Rule-5.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Are the Orioles hoping for a Nick Anderson type situation here? Don't mind this move and interesting to see Wynns removed from the 40-man. I think that's a sign the Orioles intend to (1) add some non-roster invitee types behind the plate who will have just as much chance as Wynns rather than just spring training depth guys, and (2) they wanted to keep a couple spots open on the 40-man for the Rule-5.

Probably catchers  Wynns and Cumberland at Norfolk, if Cumberland is not picked in the Rule 5 draft.

1 hour ago, owknows said:

2021 Ashton Goudeau wins 6 ML games for the Orioles, and pitches to a 3.16 ERA

Traded in July for a 13 yo. Dominican Kid named Lalo who is exceptionally good at walking on his hands.

2022-2025 Ashton Goudeau wins two Cy Young awards

That's ridiculous.

He will never win two.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1