Trade Bait 2021

ScGO's

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The injury to Means isn’t stopping anything unless it’s worse than we think or longer than we think.

If he comes back in 2-3 weeks, that’s plenty of time for him to pitch prior to the deadline.

Where I do think there is a potential issue is, will teams be willing to move as much to get him with this history of shoulder fatigue?  There is nothing structurally wrong with his shoulder and this year, stuff like this is explainable.  

If I thought there was much chance of the O's trading him to begin with I would agree but I didn't really see them trading him before. The injury just cements him staying with the O's at least another year IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If I thought there was much chance of the O's trading him to begin with I would agree but I didn't really see them trading him before. The injury just cements him staying with the O's at least another year IMO. 

Well yea, their intentions on if they would trade him are unknown and I tend to agree they are likely to keep him.

That being said, if they were inclined to deal him and he comes back and shows that he is healthy , this injury won't stop them from trading him.

14 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There's a reason for that, Josh Donaldson claims he has video evidence of pitchers cheating and that he's going to release it.

I also pasted a link to a video that provides excellent analysis and background on this pitchers cheating scandal. Talks about Trevor Bauer heavily, gets into pitcher spin rates increasing and touches on Josh Donaldson too. It's a 22 minute video, but is definitely worth a watch. 

Do we know Means spin rate in this last start that he left vs his previous starts?  I have been saying all along that he has something in his glove and it is obvious and irritating, but everyone else has also been blatant about it as well.  If you are going to cheat, make it less obvious.  

1 hour ago, sevastras said:

Do we know Means spin rate in this last start that he left vs his previous starts?  I have been saying all along that he has something in his glove and it is obvious and irritating, but everyone else has also been blatant about it as well.  If you are going to cheat, make it less obvious.  

Check out this slider from Kyle Crick looks like something out of The Matrix. 

5 hours ago, sevastras said:

Are you referring to the fact that before each pitch he throws the ball into his glove multiple times? From what I've noticed, he only started doing that this season.

Also, I believe I've seen (on TV) the umpires say something to him several times this season before he went back to the dugout after finishing an inning. MASN announcers never mentioned it, but I did see it at least twice, maybe even during the no-hitter.

6 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Are you referring to the fact that before each pitch he throws the ball into his glove multiple times? From what I've noticed, he only started doing that this season.

Also, I believe I've seen (on TV) the umpires say something to him several times this season before he went back to the dugout after finishing an inning. MASN announcers never mentioned it, but I did see it at least twice, maybe even during the no-hitter.

If you go back and watch the first few starts, he would press his fingers to the palm of his glove and then start tossing the ball around in his glove.  My thought is it looked as though he was gauging the stickiness with the tossing after pressing the fingers to the glove, but that is only speculation of his thinking.  The appearance looks pretty clear to me.  I thinking I mentioned it in a game thread at the beginning of the year or spring training.  I havent posted hardly at all in the game threads if someone with more looking up ability than I wants to find it and we can pinpoint the exact instance from there.  If not, I am not too worried about it to retrace the steps myself.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This may be the worst non answer answer ever

Wow, that was painful to listen to.  

I guess the question is - How creative will the players and their chemists be in continuing to hide the use this stuff?  Maybe get a substance that disappears after a few seconds - once it's exposed to light. 

Fry has been the best reliever in our pen.  Which means I’m torn on trading him.  He would bring the greatest return.  But he’s good and cheap with lots of control.  So giving him up would suck.  Tough decision.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

Fry has been the best reliever in our pen.  Which means I’m torn on trading him.  He would bring the greatest return.  But he’s good and cheap with lots of control.  So giving him up would suck.  Tough decision.

Not tough for me.  If the O's are bringing up Adley, Grayson and DL next season then they need the team around them to support them.   The O's should keep their good players at this point.

• Upvote 1