Candor from the Mariners President

Just Regular

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/2/21/22294212/mariners-president-kevin-mather-full-transcript-bellevue-breakfast-rotary-club

I guess we know what bucket Logan Gilbert and Jarred Kelenic ("Dylan Moore will be at second base, or our utility player, perhaps left field in April.") will fall into if Frobby reviews 2021's MLB debuts as they get to FA.

He dances on the AL West's demise as is one of my favorites trying to figure out how we get up the AL ladder about the same time as Seattle, but that's maybe the 7th most interesting thing the Rotary Club got to hear.

Straight prediction of electronic strike zone in 2 years.

• Thanks 2

The sad part about that is the outrage over his comments about Iwakuma and Rodriguez's english skills being poor. Is this really considered highly offensive in 2021? Am I missing something?  He's being called all sorts of names and having labels slapped on him over his comments none of which I find remotely appropriate. What am I missing?

Mather lost his job as CEO because he was not politically smart enough to know what he should not say going into CBA negotiations with the union.   He talked about keeping prospects in the minors who were ready for the majors for service time reasons.  Talked about about  contract discussions that should not have been talked about.  

Now he has made things issues in the CBA negotiation that the owners were hoping to not have to address.