Not gonna lie: this team looks awful

Frobby

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

12 runs on 15 hits today should make those n umbers look a bit better.

Wow, last I’d looked the score was 3-2 in the 7th inning.   Things got pretty wild after that.   (Literally, too, seeing that two runs scored on wild pitches.)

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, last I’d looked the score was 3-2 in the 7th inning.   Things got pretty wild after that.   (Literally, too, seeing that two runs scored on wild pitches.)

Don't get too excited.  Most of it happen against a 29 year old pitcher who had elbow surgery and missed 2019. Then was suspended for PED in 2020.

Just now, wildcard said:

Don't get too excited.  Most of it happen against a 29 year old pitcher who had elbow surgery and missed 2019. Then was suspended for PED in 2020.

I don’t think you need to worry about me getting too excited.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I can remember when  you were excited.

I’m still very capable of getting excited.   But not usually by what happens during the late innings of spring training games when 90% of the players on the field are minor leaguers.    

That said, I was happy with Akin’s three innings.   

On 3/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Frobby said:

I certainly don’t put much stock in spring training, especially the first half of spring training.    But lord does this team look pathetic.   Thirteen games played and they’ve been outscored 72-45 on their way to a 3-9-1 record.    Allowing 5.5 runs a game is terrible,   Scoring 3.5 runs a game is worse.    And the defense appears to have been terrible as well.    

Trying to stay calm but it’s tough to get excited about an invisible inaudible team by reading horrible looking box scores.   

For what it’s worth, the team is 5-4 since this post went up, with a better record overall than the Rays. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Frobby said:

I certainly don’t put much stock in spring training, especially the first half of spring training.    But lord does this team look pathetic.   Thirteen games played and they’ve been outscored 72-45 on their way to a 3-9-1 record.    Allowing 5.5 runs a game is terrible,   Scoring 3.5 runs a game is worse.    And the defense appears to have been terrible as well.    

Trying to stay calm but it’s tough to get excited about an invisible inaudible team by reading horrible looking box scores.   

The O’s have been hitting better since I wrote this, but the pitching continues to be pretty bad.  Since my prior post the O’s have gone 7-6 and have been outscored 58-57.   They’ve been allowing 4.46 runs/game in that stretch, which sounds decent until you remember that some of these games aren’t going 9 innings.   Overall the team ERA is 5.53, 28th In MLB.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

The O’s have been hitting better since I wrote this, but the pitching continues to be pretty bad.  Since my prior post the O’s have gone 7-6 and have been outscored 58-57.   They’ve been allowing 4.46 runs/game in that stretch, which sounds decent until you remember that some of these games aren’t going 9 innings.   Overall the team ERA is 5.53, 28th In MLB.

Yeah, well how many of those runs scored off pitchers we won’t be seeing?

maybe grasping at straws, but it’s not a useless point.

28 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yeah, well how many of those runs scored off pitchers we won’t be seeing?

maybe grasping at straws, but it’s not a useless point.

Yes it is because pitchers who will be here are also giving up a lot of runs.  

And part of the reason runs are being given up is because of poor defense and that isn’t getting better either.

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes it is because pitchers who will be here are also giving up a lot of runs.  

And part of the reason runs are being given up is because of poor defense and that isn’t getting better either.

That’s all exactly right, but I was trying to put a positive spin on things. As you know, Defense is my thing and ours will be terrible. 

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES  ))))) (vs. PIRATES, 3/28) ))))) [SPRING TRAINING]

Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - CF 

Joseph Anthony "Trey" Mancini III - 1B

Ryan Mountcastle - LF

Maikel Franco - 3B

Rio Ruiz - 2B

Freddy Galvis - SS

Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C

Yusniel Efrain Diaz Hechavarria - RF

Robert Austin Wynns - DH

Matthew Edward Harvey - RHP )) (0-3, 11.57 ERA) ) *

* )) [KANSAS CITY ROYALS]

OPPOSING PITCHER

Mitch Thomas Keller - RHP )) (1-1, 2.91 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups?q=%2Flineups

o