Means and Zimmermann

Frobby

That would be a welcome surprise, even if it’s only one of them. Means was impressive at the big league level from the get go. It’s not often you see young pitchers (who don’t throw 99) that can keep ML hitters so off-balance like that. When he’s on, he’s a lot of fun to watch. I really hope he can become a reliable TORO’s starter (not necessarily TOR in the MLB sense, but at least TOR for the O’s in 2021-2023). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

That would be a welcome surprise, even if it’s only one of them. Means was impressive at the big league level from the get go. It’s not often you see young pitchers (who don’t throw 99) that can keep ML hitters so off-balance like that. When he’s on, he’s a lot of fun to watch. I really hope he can become a reliable TORO’s starter (not necessarily TOR in the MLB sense, but at least TOR for the O’s in 2021-2023). 

He did managed 10.8 K/9 while putting up a 13.5 ERA in 2018.  ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So what you are saying is that the prospect rankings can be total bs? 

What I’m saying is that sometimes players can develop something they didn’t have before that totally changes their outlook.    And it’s fun when they do.   

But we all need to understand that these rankings (whether from OH or any other source) are educated guesses.

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 3/29) )))))) [Spring Training]

Zimmermann gave up 7 Runs on 9 Hits in only 4.33 Innings Pitched in his final Pre-Season start of 2021.

The one thing on his stat-line that did look good was the fact that he was credited with 3 Strikeouts and 0 Walks.

o

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Means gave up 7 Runs on 9 Hits in only 4.33 Innings Pitched in his final Pre-Season start of 2021.

The one thing on his stat-line that did look good was the fact that he was credited with 3 Strikeouts and 0 Walks.

o

Zimm not Means.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Zimmermann gave up 7 Runs on 9 Hits in only 4.33 Innings Pitched in his final Pre-Season start of 2021.

o

I am hoping that today he was pitching with an attitude of, “I’m going to try some stuff that I’ve never tried before and see how it works.”