Younger MASN announcer today

Explosivo

In my defense, he has a younger sounding voice. Garceau sounds like a dying giraffe. Believe it or not I'm half as old as Dave, but just look at that picture. The man even looks like he's pissed off. He has resting misery face. How can someone not be joyous commenting on something that he supposedly loves? It's remarkable. I say if MASN really wanted to save on payroll, just let the fans broadcast the games. At least they'd be more entertaining. In fact, I'll be broadcasting a few games on Twitch provided I'm not bartending that night. I'll post the link to twitch when I get the opportunity.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't get all the Dave Johnson hate.  He's a grumpy old man, so what?  

I’ve never found Dave Johnson to be grumpy and at least he will be critical of players when they underperform.

I’ll take that any day over Mike “two game hitting streak” Bordick, where every player on the roster is a future all star. 

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ve never found Dave Johnson to be grumpy and at least he will be critical of players when they underperform.

I’ll take that any day over Mike “two game hitting streak” Bordick, where every player on the roster is a future all star. 

Dave Johnson is a Hall of Fame announcer compared to "Strong like bull" Bordick. 

On 3/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, Jammer7 said:

I will say that Dave Johnson talked way too much. He seemed to feel the need to not have any infilled air. It was not a pleasing telecast to listen to. I much prefer Kevin Brown, Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander, Ben McDonald, Brian Roberts, Jim Palmer and Melanie Newman. Garceau is such a nice guy, but makes a lot of mistakes. Johnson is certainly knowledgeable, but the game has passed him by. He makes Mike Bordick seem like a good announcer as he over-boogies his telecasts. Enjoy retirement, Dave. 

Johnson talks over several plays at a time.  Do not get me wrong.  I want stories and not minutia detail at times.  That is where Palmer is a pro.  He gets his stuff in between pitches.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it’s because watching sports is supposed to be fun and not a chore. Usually you want to hire people that make the game and your team entertaining to watch, not poop all over them. Look at me not cursing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t hate him. He just talks too much, and mostly about things I don’t really find that interesting. I would rather he kept his color commentary about the team and the game. 

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's pretty self aware about it, which is what makes him amusing. Scott is probably too lenient a PBP guy to pair with him, but I kind of enjoyed the broadcast. 

Look - it is what it is. All these newbs in here complaining about the broadcast, well.. yeah man! MASN stinks right now! It doesn't have a proper professional announcing crew other than Palmer. You have to either find what's funny about the badness and make it part of your weird Orioles fandom, or you're going to be miserable. 

• Upvote 1

Or just do what I’m going to do and announce the games myself. It’ll be more fun for me at least than listening to some old geezers with young sounding voices poo on the team I love with a passion. Lord knows I could interview the hell outta somebody and probably make the team that much more fun to watch than it already is. Gee golly, do I love the Orioles. Further, on my broadcast, I can curse so that is soooooome dooders.

Maybe they’re just tanking the broadcast team this year too, trying to get higher slots on next year’s commentator draft?  (There’s this PBP kid named McMillan out of Ohio State with a voice like absolute butter, he’s the consensus #1 pick if he doesn’t opt out for voiceover work)

On 3/24/2021 at 3:15 PM, Explosivo said:

In my defense, he has a younger sounding voice. Garceau sounds like a dying giraffe. Believe it or not I'm half as old as Dave, but just look at that picture. The man even looks like he's pissed off. He has resting misery face. How can someone not be joyous commenting on something that he supposedly loves? It's remarkable. I say if MASN really wanted to save on payroll, just let the fans broadcast the games. At least they'd be more entertaining. In fact, I'll be broadcasting a few games on Twitch provided I'm not bartending that night. I'll post the link to twitch when I get the opportunity.

Jesus. Enough already