Forbes: Os valued at 1.4B..18th in league

Sports Guy

On 3/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Add in MASN at 1B.

Some people like to conveniently ignore that extra BILLION for some odd reason. 

I didn’t think it was thread worthy enough, but I have been told the Angelos family has recently put a TON of real estate on the market they have been holding for *decades*. Development type properties, and they are all for sale. Could be unrelated, but interesting nonetheless.  

Hopefully the team AND MASN will follow. 

Selling real estate may provide capital to cover inheritance taxes and allow John and Lou to continue ownership of the team.  I have no problem with them.  Keeping unnecessary costs down now, during the rebuild makes sense, and they are still making long-term investments, particularly with the construction of the new facility in the DR and continued emphasis on player development focused on data analysis.

3 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

Some people like to conveniently ignore that extra BILLION for some odd reason. 

I didn’t think it was thread worthy enough, but I have been told the Angelos family has recently put a TON of real estate on the market they have been holding for *decades*. Development type properties, and they are all for sale. Could be unrelated, but interesting nonetheless.  

Hopefully the team AND MASN will follow. 

I’m not sure MASN is worth a billion after the arbitration ruling, which cut MASN’s profitability by about 72%.     Would you pay $1 bb for a company that generated less than $20 mm/yr in profits?  

• 7 months later...

Interesting article in Forbes this week about the financial performance of the Braves in 2021 vs. 2020.   The Braves are owned by a public company and therefore report their financial results.  

“On Thursday, Liberty Media posted their 2021 Q3 earnings report. Since it is Q3 it does not account for what will certainly be an even rosier outlook for Q4 for the Braves after winning the World Series.

“What the financials show is how fast the club has bounced back from the pandemic.

“For Q3 2020, the Braves showed revenues of $110 million with an operating loss of -$16 million. For Q3 2021 revenues jumped to $234 million with operating income of $30 million, an increase of 288% year-over-year.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2021/11/04/how-fast-mlb-bouncing-back-from-the-pandemic-one-clubs-financial-details-give-clues/?sh=13c166693fc5

• Upvote 1