Renato Nunez cut by Tigers

Jammer7

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Remember, a big reason I wanted him back is because I didn’t trust the health of some of the other players around him.

Santander and Stewart were 2 of those guys and they are already hurt.  If they are both out on OD, that probably keeps Ruiz on the team and Franco is your DH.  

If Santander and Stewart are on the 10 day IL to start the season I would think the Diaz will be called up to DH.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Elias is going to interrupt his service time manipulation to cover the DH slot for 10 days.

Diaz will go back down as soon as Santander and Stewart are back.   Having Diaz up for a few days is not going to   effect his service time.

Just now, wildcard said:

Diaz will go back down as soon as Santander and Stewart are back.   Having Diaz up for a few days is not boing to   effect his service time.

It’s possible but I really doubt it. It’s an easy way to give Franco at bats early on. If they have a 3 man bench it would be C, Valaika and Ruiz/Franco. 

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Diaz will go back down as soon as Santander and Stewart are back.   Having Diaz up for a few days is not going to   effect his service time.

If he does this, that’s horrible management.

They don’t care about winning, so why would they do this?  

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s possible but I really doubt it. It’s an easy way to give Franco at bats early on. If they have a 3 man bench it would be C, Valaika and Ruiz/Franco. 

If Franco is the DH then he is not on the bench.   Therefore there will be an opening of the roster.  A see Diaz has the likely call up for that spot if Santander and Stewart are on the IL.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

If Franco is the DH then he is not on the bench.   Therefore there will be an opening of the roster.  A see Diaz has the likely call up for that spot if Santander and Stewart are on the IL.

Don't see it.  Elias likes to play service time games too much.  Easier to keep a guy down then to promote him and send him back down.  Maybe Jones gets the call.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he does this, that’s horrible management.

They don’t care about winning, so why would they do this?  

Elias has strengthen the pitching because does care about winning.    He just  does not put winning ahead of acquiring talent or making moves for future.  I think that could change in the near future.   

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Elias has strengthen the pitching because does care about winning.    He just  does not put winning ahead of acquiring talent or making moves for future.  I think that could change in the near future.   

How has he strengthened the pitching?  

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Btw, Diaz may be get the call...it’s just that he shouldn’t get the call with the intention of sending him back down.

I don’t care as much about the service time aspect of it as much as I do with the yo-yo’ ing.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, Diaz may be get the call...it’s just that he shouldn’t get the call with the intention of sending him back down.

I don’t care as much about the service time aspect of it as much as I do with the yo-yo’ ing.

His call up at this point would only be to cover for injuries to other players.   He is not a finished product at this point.