Hays to 10 day IL; McKenna up; Sulser optioned for Armstrong

Frobby

57 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think that’s a great question...if you aren’t giving him at bats, why do you have him here?

Don’t get me wrong..he strikes out too much and isn’t hitting for power or average yet.  But is that going to get better playing sparingly?  Of course it’s not.  So, you either play him or you bring in a better catcher.

The guy has had 20 PA this season and people are drawing conclusions.   Oh yeah, and he didn’t hit well this spring.    It’s kind of ridiculous.

That said, it’s pretty clear Hyde likes Severino better and is going to give him the majority of the playing time.    That’s the way it’s been the whole time the two of them have been on the team and I don’t expect it to change.   Sisco’s going to have to figure out a way to get his bat going while playing part-time, because Hyde’s not going to just hand him the starting role.   

Meanwhile, I can’t get too worked up over it because we know neither one is our starting C long term.  

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2021 at 11:35 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

The bigger question is who sits for Hays? The obvious choice is Stewart, but I like what I'm seeing from his bat. Does Santander need a break? Should Mountcastle and Mancini sit a bit? Even Mullins a game here or there? 

Santander hurt. I guess we know where Hays will go for now