Hays to 10 day IL; McKenna up; Sulser optioned for Armstrong

Frobby

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

There was really no reason to throw Sulser yesterday, instead of letting both Rule Vs get their feet wet.

Except now you have an additional rested pitcher.   In a game where the starter might not last long.

• Upvote 2

Bummer for Hays.    Will be curious to see if McKenna gets thrown right in to Hays' LF spot, or if Mountcastle goes out there and then DH is....Ruiz, Sisco or Urias.   I think I'm pulling for McKenna against the LHP.

Stewart Thursday at earliest, right?    Might be nice to have him back for Cole/Taillon if he's up for it.

7 minutes ago, scOtt said:

There was really no reason to throw Sulser yesterday, instead of letting both Rule Vs get their feet wet.

Course there was,. He threw two innings instead of someone else, and if somebody else had done so, that person will not be available today.

I wish McKenna all the best tonight. Clean defense, please!

Outfielder Austin Hays is taking the necessary steps on a rehabbed hamstring to rejoin the Orioles.

Manager Brandon Hyde said Hays should begin playing in games at the alternate training site in Bowie within the next few days.

“Hopefully, that goes well and we’ll see him sometime shortly after that,” Hyde said today on his Zoom call with the media.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/04/positive-health-update-on-hays.html

• Upvote 1