The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I like to post in the thread when I didn’t like a decision that worked out.  I HATED the decision to pull Tyler Wells after the 8th.  The dude was absolutely cruising and deserved his shot to close it out.   Thankfully The Mountain made it a moot point with an absolutely dominant 7 pitch 9th inning.  I still hate that decision. 

It also seemed odd to bring in a defensive replacement for Stowers while leaving Santander in RF.  Again, a moot point.  

It was probably more of going right back to Bautista after the blown save. Hyde has to keep us steady and not over react over 162. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, interloper said:

Gotta be honest, I didn't even consider NOT putting in Bautista last night. Let that man eat as far as I'm concerned. Get him back on track in a game where the Rangers offense looked flat. 

I agree with this, I expected Bautista in that situation. I know he had a rough start to the season, but the entire team did. Wells isn't a strikeout pitcher when he's going multiple innings, he's a contact pitcher, so if you worry about Bautista doing his job because of some bumps to start the season, you should worry also about a contact pitcher given the bumps the defense has seen to start the season.

Why the hit and run with Adley on first, and Santander up yesterday?  That was a real momentum killer and Santander had DeGrom locked into a long AB. That extra out allowed DeGrom to finish the inning. 

Is that Adley’s 3rd out on the base paths this year?  Love Adley, but we need to calm that down. We’ve played 6 games and Adley alone has given the oppo a free inning. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why the hit and run with Adley on first, and Santander up yesterday?  That was a real momentum killer and Santander had DeGrom locked into a long AB. That extra out allowed DeGrom to finish the inning. 

Is that Adley’s 3rd out on the base paths this year?  Love Adley, but we need to calm that down. We’ve played 6 games and Adley alone has given the oppo a free inning. 

I think that was a bad call as well but I'm sure that came from Hyde.   No way you run against a strikeout pitcher like Degrom on a 3-2 count, especially with someone like Rutschman who was a dead duck at 2B.    

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think that was a bad call as well but I'm sure that came from Hyde.   No way you run against a strikeout pitcher like Degrom on a 3-2 count, especially with someone like Rutschman who was a dead duck at 2B.    

Plus when was the last time Santander smacked a single in the SS hole?  If anything, Adley running just made it more difficult on Santander not to strike out. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, Brooks The Great said:

Yep. Coloumbe was the correct move. Not the guy clearly struggling and giving up lots of HR's. Hyde is a bad tactical manager.

So we don't think he sets the lineups AND he's a bad tactical manager? That begs the question, what exactly does Brandon Hyde bring to this team then? Does he play a mean game of clubhouse ping pong? 

1 minute ago, HakunaSakata said:

So we don't think he sets the lineups AND he's a bad tactical manager? That begs the question, what exactly does Brandon Hyde bring to this team then? Does he play a mean game of clubhouse ping pong? 

I think Hyde sucks as a manager, he's just the beneficiary of an influx of young talent. He's a rah-rah, blue collar, players-first kind of guy who a majority of the team probably likes. I've always seen him as a transitional guy who'll get fired after the first year this team makes the playoffs (so most likely offseason of 2024 after the team makes the playoffs this season) when it becomes clear his decision-making hurts the team.