Bring on the Terps

Sports Guy

SG, I completely agree that it was consistently called so you can't blame the refs. However, fouls on Duke's players down low are more costly than fouls on Maryland's players down low. Duke without Williams is a very very beatable team. Maryland without Ibekwe doesn't lose that much because we can put Garrison or Bowers right in.

Don't forget about Gist, the future of this program.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's all remember that if the refs were not letting them play down low, that alot of these fouls, on both sides, may not have been committed....The players did a good job of realizing the officials were not calling the fouls down low, so they used it to their advantage.

Williams really is an amazing defender. With that said, I think alot of it has to do with the fact that he's so ugly. When players drive on him, they have to close their eyes or be blinded by his ugliness. It makes it easier for him to then block their shots.

Pretty pleased with the effort today from everyone except Garrison. Just too much Shelden Williams -- Maryland has no answer whatsoever for him, and I'm glad we likely won't be facing him anymore.

As for Garrison, there were at least 5 rebounds in the short time he was in in which he was simply outhustled or did a poor job of boxing out. Pretty easy to see why his minutes keep declining.

Pretty pleased with the effort today from everyone except Garrison. Just too much Shelden Williams -- Maryland has no answer whatsoever for him, and I'm glad we likely won't be facing him anymore.

As for Garrison, there were at least 5 rebounds in the short time he was in in which he was simply outhustled or did a poor job of boxing out. Pretty easy to see why his minutes keep declining.

Who? Do the Terps have a player by that name?

If they do, i think he forgot to show up today.

Who? Do the Terps have a player by that name?

If they do, i think he forgot to show up today.

You might not have seen him because he's apparently a pretty small guy judging by his rebounding prowess. I'm not a "yell-at-the-TV" kind of guy, but I was screaming at Gary to get him out of there today.

You might not have seen him because he's apparently a pretty small guy judging by his rebounding prowess. I'm not a "yell-at-the-TV" kind of guy, but I was screaming at Gary to get him out of there today.

Maybe Shel stepped on him or something?? :D

Garrison is one of the biggest wastes of talent i have ever seen.

We have Clemson, FSU, Virginia all on the road. We should win 2 of those 3. We should beat Miami at home. We also play NC on the road.

I think that's very optimistic. I don't see us beating FSU or UNC on the road. Miami is far from a lock. The game against Clemson is huge. We need to continue to play hard and win both games next week. I don't see us getting into the tourney without it.

Sure it was....A win today almost assures them an NCAA tourney spot.

Not hardly. This team is easily the type that could follow up a win against Duke by laying an egg at Clemson and lose five of their last six. In fact, that's exactly what happened last year. After the second Duke win, the Terps lost five of the last six going into Selection Sunday.

This would have been a signature win team that kept people from using that darned bubble word, but we're far from out at this point. Splitting the last six will make us almost a lock, and winning four or five in the regular season and ACC Tourney will be more than enough to get them in comfortably against an incredibly weak at-large field this year.

At Clemson, on the other hand, is a must win.

And as much as I'd like to disagree with you about Garrison, I can't. I've stuck with him for three years, and he still plays soft as a feather pillow. He's Tahj Holden V 2.0.

Anyway, we played well enough though probably not our best, and we're not nearly talented enough to beat Dook with anything less than our best. At least I can go into the next game knowing it's not possible for the Terps to lost to Clemson four times in a row. Is it?

Archived