Albert Puljos DFAed!

scOtt

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice to see a team cut a player who can't compete even if they are making a substantial salary.

Only the last year, and the Angels are still on the hook for a $10 million "Service Contract."

Still, yes. Baseball over business. ;)

• Upvote 1

I think this is a sign the Angels want to win this season.   And a cripple who is barely above replacement player level and has been this weak for a while is not going to be missed.  IF Saint Louis had a DH I would take him to finish out his career but they do not have a DH.  I think he might be done right now.  

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think this is a sign the Angels want to win this season.   And a cripple who is barely above replacement player level and has been this weak for a while is not going to be missed.  IF Saint Louis had a DH I would take him to finish out his career but they do not have a DH.  I think he might be done right now.  

Their division is very muddled. Oakland only in front because of a fluke streak. Seattle isn't that good. Houston is probably the Power but only 1 over .500 . Plenty of time for Maddon and his team.

His career batting average in STL was .328.

He finishes his career with a .298 batting average.  He was terrible in Anaheim.  Sad way to see his career end but the hints were there in his final season in STL.  It was a great season for 99% of other ballplayers, but not for him.  They made the right move in letting him walk.  

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Look how much more fluid OUR lineup is with CD gone...

Wonder if the Orioles will ever just cut Chris Davis or since they can keep this Disabled List trick going for two years they dont really have to?  Chris is done there is very little danger he catches with a different club and makes the Orioles look dumb.  

• Upvote 1

11 years with SL:  .328 / .420 / .617 / 1.037  445 HRs (over 40 per year)
Three MVPs, 10 top 5 MVP finishes (finished 9th the other year), 10 All Star Games
OPS+ between 148 and 192 every season

-- signs 10 year, $240 million dollar contract with Angels at age 31(?)

9+ years with LAA:  .256 / .311 / .447 / .758  222 HRs (24 per year)
Received MVP votes in just 2 years, finishing 17th each year;  1 All Star Game
Highest OPS+ was 138

Wow, what a precipitous drop.   Everyone knew the last years of the contract would be problematic, but the fact that his first year with the Angels was significantly worse than his worst year with St Louis, and that he pretty much got worse every year thereafter, made it especially bad.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Wonder if the Orioles will ever just cut Chris Davis or since they can keep this Disabled List trick going for two years they dont really have to?  Chris is done there is very little danger he catches with a different club and makes the Orioles look dumb.  

I say we pretty much have to if he is ever "healthy".   We simply can't fit him on the roster at this point.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

EEOR5KQW4AAGazc.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

If they end up having a season in 2022 I expect Davis to get released at the end of spring?  Summer?  training.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they end up having a season in 2022 I expect Davis to get released at the end of spring?  Summer?  training.

Summer maybe, if we're REALLY playing. The Bros are pretty tight tho, for all their good traits. Team needs to really step it up or we're consigned to the duration I'm afraid. DL or not...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Summer maybe, if we're REALLY playing. The Bros are pretty tight tho, for all their good traits. Team needs to really step it up or we're consigned to the duration I'm afraid. DL or not...

I think the only thing keeping him on the roster is the possibility that they won't have to pay him his full salary in 2022.

• Upvote 2