Yusniel Diaz 2021

Tony-OH

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Probably not.  Why take on someone else's health problem?  And it's not like he's been amazing when he's been on the field.

"I'm hoping"

I agree that it's not likely. 

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Diaz is just another guy.  

Im higher on McKenna than I am Diaz. McKenna plays CF and has a 800+ OPS in Norfolk at the moment even if it is a SSS.   If Diaz could stay on the field for awhile maybe that would change.  

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Im higher on McKenna than I am Diaz. McKenna plays CF and has a 800+ OPS in Norfolk at the moment even if it is a SSS.   If Diaz could stay on the field for awhile maybe that would change.  

McKenna doesn't look like much at the ML level, although it's an extremely SSS.  Between guys like Hays, Santander, Stewart and Diaz, I agree, though...getting outfielders on the field for any length of time is most important.  Ridiculous that it's come to that.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

McKenna doesn't look like much at the ML level, although it's an extremely SSS.  Between guys like Hays, Santander, Stewart and Diaz, I agree, though...getting outfielders on the field for any length of time is most important.  Ridiculous that it's come to that.

McKenna went 1-3 with his 4th HR and 2 Walks in todays game. OPS now 972.

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

That's good.  When one of our outfielders goes down with an injury in Baltimore he should be up and getting consistent at bats.  Scouts aren't high on him at the ML level but he deserves a shot.

Diaz has only played in more than 100 games one time in his his professional baseball career and that was in 2017. And he's not going to reach 100 games this year, I'm going to count anything he does at the MLB level as a bonus. Mullins stepping up this year makes up for some of the sting of Diaz always being hurt.  

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

I just can't get excited about McKenna.  HIs brief time in the majors has been extremely underwhelming and forgettable.  He's a pinch runner/late inning OF replacement and bottom of the order easy out.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I just can't get excited about McKenna.  HIs brief time in the majors has been extremely underwhelming and forgettable.  He's a pinch runner/late inning OF replacement and bottom of the order easy out.

I think McKenna deserves a long look in Baltimore if he has a strong year. With Diaz and Kjerstad unreliable there may be an opening for him.

Diaz not in the lineup tonight.