wildcard

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

How long can this go on?

Chance Sisco    180/255/220/474

Norfolk catchers:

Austin Wynns   344/432/563/995

Brett Cumberland   320.404/540/944

Sisco has an option.

How is Cumberland's glove work/throwing out runners? I saw him a bit in Bowie but not enough to remember much obviously. How does he project? Regardless, I would love to see someone replace Sisco.

I think Sisco could be a pretty good hitter with regular playing time. He hit well in the minors but he's one of these guys who like to look over a lot of pitches. Those guys tend not to do well coming off the bench every third or fourth day. You don't hit because you're not playing regularly. You're not playing regularly because you don't hit. Catch-22. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, vab said:

I think Sisco could be a pretty good hitter with regular playing time. He hit well in the minors but he's one of these guys who like to look over a lot of pitches. Those guys tend not to do well coming off the bench every third or fourth day. You don't hit because you're not playing regularly. You're not playing regularly because you don't hit. Catch-22. 

It’s dumb that he isn’t playing more.

Severino is so lazy behind the plate.  He is my least favorite Oriole to watch just because of his lack of effort.  Last nights game was a good example as we had 3 wild pitches in one inning yet with some effort you would hope a couple of those could of been prevented.  

I would be happy to bring one of these guys up and split 50-50 PT with Sisco just to see who the real backup catcher could be once AR is ready to take over.  

Edited by turtlebowl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

Severino is so lazy behind the plate.  He is my least favorite Oriole to watch just because of his lack of effort.  Last nights game was a good example as we had 3 wild pitches in one inning yet with some effort you would hope a couple of those could of been prevented.  

I would be happy to bring one of these guys up and split 50-50 PT with Sisco just to see who the real backup catcher could be once AR is ready to take over.  

His level of effort doesn't seem to bother Hyde.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His level of effort doesn't seem to bother Hyde.

I don’t agree with the general consensus on this thread. I think Pedro is a much better all-around catcher than Cisco. Calling him “lazy” bothers me & seems bizarre at best. Both have flaws of course. Pedro would be a terrific backup for any mlb club. 

I know catcher ERA is quite controversial but curious if you take Means out, what they look like, my guess is Pedro is much better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I don’t agree with the general consensus on this thread. I think Pedro is a much better all-around catcher than Cisco. Calling him “lazy” bothers me & seems bizarre at best. Both have flaws of course. Pedro would be a terrific backup for any mlb club. 

I know catcher ERA is quite controversial but curious if you take Means out, what they look like, my guess is Pedro is much better.

You haven’t seen much of Severino on defense, have you?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

If you have a catcher that doesn't bother to get down and smother balls in the dirt and instead tries to backhand them what adjective would you use to describe their play?

Also I think catcher ERA is worthless and if you have to remove a pitcher from your comparison it's doubly worthless.

• Upvote 2

Severino seems to me to be a guy that could be a great leader to a team that was good.  He shows fire at times but gets very lackluster when things are not going the team or his way.  Machado did same type thing were he didn’t give full effort on the bad teams.  

• Upvote 1