Roster moves that could be made

Legend_Of_Joey

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a sunk cost since he has no trade value but they haven't shown that they understand what a sunk cost is.

Pay Severino over a million $$$ not to play? Unthinkable! Only five other guys on he roster make more than $1 million per, and one of them is Chris Davis. 

You've got the same problem with dumping Matt Harvey and Armstrong, at slightly lower amounts. 

I think the Angeloses view "costs" as consisting of just two categories, those they have to pay and those they don't have to pay, and they are fanatic supporters of limiting what's in the first category. It makes some sense if they're going to sell the team as soon as Pop Angelos dies.

18 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why? There has to be a reason to do something. Sisco can be optioned without a DFA so if one wants to keep him, it’s possible

Wynns isn’t on the 40 man so someone has to be removed from from there to make room.  That means either DFA or put Martin on the 60 day dl which will cost them about 400k. 

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Pay Severino over a million $$$ not to play? Unthinkable! Only five other guys on he roster make more than $1 million per, and one of them is Chris Davis. 

You've got the same problem with dumping Matt Harvey and Armstrong, at slightly lower amounts. 

I think the Angeloses view "costs" as consisting of just two categories, those they have to pay and those they don't have to pay, and they are fanatic supporters of limiting what's in the first category. It makes some sense if they're going to sell the team as soon as Pop Angelos dies.

Not really.

In a world in which the Royals sell for a billion does a couple of million of payroll make any difference to a buyer?

18 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Wynns isn’t on the 40 man so someone has to be removed from from there to make room.  That means either DFA or put Martin on the 60 day dl which will cost them about 400k. 

Chris Davis makes 400K every time he stifles a yawn. I think the Oriole front office can ha for paying Ritchie.

51 minutes ago, Philip said:

Excellent post. No disagreement.

Im not sure I’d choose Wynns, I’d want the best defender and wouldn’t care about offense, but that’s minor.

Wynns is supposed to be the defensive guy. Cumberland is supposed to be a DH/C type who probably doesn't hit enough to DH.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Wynns is supposed to be the defensive guy. Cumberland is supposed to be a DH/C type who probably doesn't hit enough to DH.

Cumberland may hit better that Mountcastle has been hitting.  But I don't see that call up happening this week.

37 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don't think they'd pay 400K to put Martin on the 60-day. More likely they will DFA Sisco who is likely to clear waivers anyway.

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

I don't think they'd pay 400K to put Martin on the 60-day. More likely they will DFA Sisco who is likely to clear waivers anyway.

My guess is if they are going to DFA someone it will not be Sisco who they may need if there is an injury to a catcher.  More likely Waddell.

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Well, I’m happy to see Wynns. Please don’t misunderstand me, I don’t care if they take a toothpick to the plate for there at bats, as long as they can block a pitch and call a good game.

There is literally no place to go but up. Isn’t it kind of sad that being exactly replacement level would still be an improvement?