Austin Wynns in Baltimore per Roch

rm5678

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I doubt we see Adley in Baltimore this season for service time reasons.   So half a year in Bowie and half a year in Norfolk is my guess.

I just hope he’s still in Bowie July 30. That’s when the Baysox come to town to take on my Flying Squirrels!

• Haha 1

Roch’s blog Had a lot of quotes from Hyde About the catching, and it made me barf, it seems to be impossible for him to come right out and say, “these guys are bad.” He hast to dance around the truth so delicately that he doesn’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings or some BS like that. Just be honest, these people are grown man and they’re millionaires. If they suck they suck and you’re allowed to say so. Sheesh

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philip said:

If they send down Sisco, would you prefer that Severino start?

If they send away Severino, would you prefer that Sisco start?

Actually yea, I would start Severino over Wynns.  Wynns isn’t a good option.  The only hope is that he can hit for a few weeks because he is hitting well right now. 

But he’s not good.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Roch’s blog Had a lot of quotes from Hyde About the catching, and it made me barf, it seems to be impossible for him to come right out and say, “these guys are bad.” He hast to dance around the truth so delicately that he doesn’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings or some BS like that. Just be honest, these people are grown man and they’re millionaires. If they suck they suck and you’re allowed to say so. Sheesh

I like Roch, but he's Orioles state media and you can't expect an honest take from him when it comes to being critical of the franchise. 

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like Roch, but he's Orioles state media and you can't expect an honest take from him when it comes to being critical of the franchise. 

Agreed. If he ever writes a memoir it should be titled “I never bit the hand that feeds”

Edited by Explosivo

29 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think Nuanced Philip is complaining about Hyde, not Roch. He wants Hyde to publicly criticize his players abilities. Why Hyde won’t do that we’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I think Nuanced Philip is complaining about Hyde, not Roch. He wants Hyde to publicly criticize his players abilities. Why Hyde won’t do that we’ll never know.

Well I think any manager who wants to avoid a mutiny in the locker room is going to avoid publicily criticizing his own ballplayers. The days of Billy Martin are long gone in MLB. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yes I agree. He’s a shill. But I was actually talking about Hyde. It is kind of nauseating that these guys jump through hoops to avoid saying anything negative about players. It is entirely possible to be honest and tactful at the same time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well I think any manager who wants to avoid a mutiny in the locker room is going to avoid publicily criticizing his own ballplayers. The days of Billy Martin are long gone in MLB. 

You can be honest without being rude, and I the players would respect it. If you say, “player X is not playing up to the standards that we require” Does anybody on the team, including player X himself, disagree with that? You haven’t been rude, you haven’t engaged in hyperbole or been insulting, you’re just being honest. Nobody in the clubhouse would have a problem with that, I think they would respect it. Don’t you think that those guys go home and tell their wives, “Man that shortstop of ours is terrible I wish they’d get rid of him,” or “I hate pitching with that second baseman behind me because he’s such a lousy glove.”

Hyde Needs to have the guts to be honest, and I think that he will get more respect if he does so.

• Upvote 1