Update on Kjerstad (No Bueno)

NelsonCruuuuuz

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I was going to upvote this post, but after reading it a second time decided it was too kind to Commissioner Manfred. Sorry. 

Have to keep it halfway family-friendly for the board.....

• Thanks 1

First and foremost hopefully the guy can stay healthy. Not for baseball, but because any heart conditions at his age is worrisome. 

Secondly and significantly less important I think it’s probably best to count him out and to just pretend he isn’t a part of the future until he’s able to get on the field with a clean bill of health. I think we may have lost our 2020 first round pick but it happens I suppose.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not doing a victory lap when I ask if you can consider a first round pick a bust if he never sees the field?

I feel bad for the guy but it looks increasingly possible that he might never play a game for us.  

Sure, as a pick he would be a bust.

Hobgood was supposedly never healthy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, as a pick he would be a bust.

Hobgood was supposedly never healthy.

I don't think he's as bad as Hobgood. Not yet at least...

And even if he does turn out to be as bad as Hobgood... Elias and team really couldn't have seen it coming.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

And even if he does turn out to be as bad as Hobgood... Elias and team really couldn't have seen it coming.

I was just naming a guy that was a high draft pick that was supposedly never healthy.

If healthy I think Kjerstad is a better prospect than a healthy Hobgood would have been.

• Upvote 2

Just now, scOtt said:

Yeah, why hold Elias accountable for anything? We are only the laughing stock of baseball that refuses to cut dead weight off the 40-man roster (Davis).

When you are rebuilding, you can’t afford to miss on the first round and you better do in depth research. I have heard that wasn’t done here because they thought they could get a couple down in price.

Again, I like Elias, but fans trust him way too much. Same posters singing the praises of Joe Jordan as he pissed away numerous drafts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yeah, why hold Elias accountable for anything? We are only the laughing stock of baseball that refuses to cut dead weight off the 40-man roster (Davis).

When you are rebuilding, you can’t afford to miss on the first round and you better do in depth research. I have heard that wasn’t done here because they thought they could get a couple down in price.

Again, I like Elias, but fans trust him way too much. Same posters singing the praises of Joe Jordan as he pissed away numerous drafts.

I don't think Davis is Mike "Total Control" Elias' call.

3 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I don't think so. We're an easy mark on any given night, but I think teams see what's going on here.