The rotation could stabilize in about a week

wildcard

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

What are the chances we see Mickey Jannis called up to work out of the bullpen? And I fully admit it's because I want to see a knuckleball pitcher on the team.

Can you imagine the circus that will happen with Severino catching a knuckleballer?  At times he can barely catch a straight fastball, much less a pitch that no one knows where it is going to go.  It'll be a comedy of errors, with the hardest part determining if they should be considered passed balls or wild pitches!  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

Can you imagine the circus that will happen with Severino catching a knuckleballer?  At times he can barely catch a straight fastball, much less a pitch that no one knows where it is going to go.  It'll be a comedy of errors, with the hardest part determining if they should be considered passed balls or wild pitches!  

If Jannis gets called up, I'm expecting Severino to come out with a catcher's mitt that looks like this one. 

content

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

Looks like Sisco is his current battery-mate at Norfolk. Had been Cumberland earlier in the season. Hm. 

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

At least it would be a good reason to watch the games.

Severino is so lazy that he would probably just let the pitches go past him, and then wait until they stop rolling to pick them up.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Lopez >>> Lowther

Lol at Eshelman stabilizing the rotation after 1 good start. 

Certainly agree with the 2nd point.

As for the 1st...we know Lopez isn't good.  We don't know that about Lowther yet.  I don't see how the 1st statement can be made with any degree of certainty.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Certainly agree with the 2nd point.

As for the 1st...we know Lopez isn't good.  We don't know that about Lowther yet.  I don't see how the 1st statement can be made with any degree of certainty.

I disagree about Lopez. He’s good in short stints. 1-2 times through the order is his ideal usage. If he were used that way, he could be a serviceable piece. 

In watching Lowther, I see a guy with a straight low 90s FB that doesn’t have good location. I didn’t see any average or better off speed pitches. With his stuff, he doesn’t have the luxury of anything but pinpoint accuracy. 

19 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I disagree about Lopez. He’s good in short stints. 1-2 times through the order is his ideal usage. If he were used that way, he could be a serviceable piece. 

In watching Lowther, I see a guy with a straight low 90s FB that doesn’t have good location. I didn’t see any average or better off speed pitches. With his stuff, he doesn’t have the luxury of anything but pinpoint accuracy. 

If you are talking about what we have seen from Lowther in the majors, I don't think we have seen his best yet.  I think that is why Elias is allowing him to get his feet on the ground in AAA before he is called up again.

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Charlie Hough set the record with four passed balls in one inning…and that was with a GOOD catcher.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, panick said:

At least it would be a good reason to watch the games.

Severino is so lazy that he would probably just let the pitches go past him, and then wait until they stop rolling to pick them up.

That’s how Bob Euker described catching a knuckle ball.

”you don’t catch them, you just wait till they stop rolling and then go pick them up.”