Rank Kahlil Watson vs the current O's SS?

wildcard

I’m hoping one of Lawler, Meyer, or Leiter falls to us. I’d take Davis over Watson. Watson is only 5’9” and it’s going to be real tough for him to reach his ceiling. Let’s say Davis’ could be a Mancini type 1B if he can’t stick at C.  I could see Davis reaching that much easier than I could see Watson reaching that level. 

I think we go with the “safe” NCAA bat, and figure things out from there. The draft is a crapshoot so I like the idea of going with a “safe” NCAA bat first then using the extra money on some 1-3 overslots. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m hoping one of Lawler, Meyer, or Leiter falls to us. I’d take Davis over Watson. Watson is only 5’9” and it’s going to be real tough for him to reach his ceiling. Let’s say Davis’ could be a Mancini type 1B if he can’t stick at C.  I could see Davis reaching that much easier than I could see Watson reaching that level. 

I think we go with the “safe” NCAA bat, and figure things out from there. The draft is a crapshoot so I like the idea of going with a “safe” NCAA bat first then using the extra money on some 1-3 overslots. 

Why would being 5'9 make it tough for him to reach his ceiling, or did I miss-understand your comment?  

Cedric Mullins

Position: Centerfielder

Bats: Left  •  Throws: Left

5-8175lb (173cm, 79kg)