FCL happenings

Frobby

In the completion of yesterday’s Orange vs. Black game, Black was leading 3-1 heading to the final inning.  For sone reason, they allowed Black reliever Orlando Fulgencio to throw a 10-run inning without ever removing him from the game.  Single, walk, passed ball, ground out, triple, error, stolen base, hit by pitch, wild pitch, single, single, wild pitch, wild pitch, walk, homer, single, wild pitch, pop out, single, ground out.   

That’s cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

In the completion of yesterday’s Orange vs. Black game, Black was leading 3-1 heading to the final inning.  For sone reason, they allowed Black reliever Orlando Fulgencio to throw a 10-run inning without ever removing him from the game.  Single, walk, passed ball, ground out, triple, error, stolen base, hit by pitch, wild pitch, single, single, wild pitch, wild pitch, walk, homer, single, wild pitch, pop out, single, ground out.   

After the third wild pitch I'd just start tossing them up there underhand.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

"The Ballad of Will Cunnane"

(Had to look this up on Baseball Reference to confirm my memory)

Will Cunnane was a Rule 5 player on the Padres in 1997. Going into May 16 of that year, he was sporting a 2.63 ERA through his first 10 games spanning 13 2/3 innings. 

I was watching the game on TV. The Cubs quickly jumped all over Padres starter Tim Worrell on a windy day, not ideal, as their bullpen was gassed. In comes poor Will Cunnane, who they left in for 3.2 brutal innings in which he got bashed for 10 runs on 11 hits and a walk. Threw 76 pitches. After every batter, I remember Will looking into the dugout with a "you can come get me now" look. And Bruce Bochy would be tying his shoes, looking at the scorecard, opening a piece of gum, completely avoiding him. 

Cunnane left that game with a 7.27 ERA. Didn't seem to affect him too badly, he only allowed two runs in his next 14 innings.

I can only imagine Orlando Fulgencio looking over......

PS: As I'm writing this, I'm watching Austin Wynns pitch in  16-2 game through 8 innings. Time to get my Rum on.

• Upvote 1