2021 Draft Thread

From an article in the Athletic-

There was the 6 a.m. flight to Atlanta for a baseball workout the day after graduation, then a trip to Baltimore for another one. He’s worked out in Cincinnati, and teams have come to Pennsylvania to see him, too. Reggie can’t keep track of it all as she rattles off the teams interested in her son, who was ranked No. 48 among MLB Draft prospects by The Athletic’s Keith Law in May.

I have been saying for a little bit now, under slot at 5 and possibly Lonnie White Jr over slot.  I just wish the under was Benny but get Cowser because Benny is so far out.  To be fair, White is quite a ways out.  I had Chase Petty ahead of Lonnie White and then Tyler Black but Petty and Black are both gone so my next up is White and then Chayse McDermott.  I would normally grab Chayse first, but I think a couple of teams saved some money at the top and could be a fun and competitive comp b and second round tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Medusa herself couldnt love Lew Ford.  Not even Lew's mother can speak his name.

I'll have you know that Lew Ford is a legend... of Long Island Duck fans.  He actually played 11 seasons with them - 7 as player-coach.  

Not sure if they paid him or he paid them.  

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

I'll have you know that Lew Ford is a legend... of Long Island Duck fans.  He actually played 11 seasons with them - 7 as player-coach.  

Not sure if they paid him or he paid them.  

Hyde's replacement.  I hope the O's don't see this.  O's new player-coach announced next week.  Imagine the savings!

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hyde's replacement.  I hope the O's don't see this.  O's new player-coach announced next week.  Imagine the savings!

I know this is tongue in cheek, but I don’t see how we could justify bringing Hyde back  He’s already on an expiring contract. 

56 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think with NIL, and potentially playing QB at Clemson, there’s a good chance it’s more lucrative for him to play football. 

He is a 3 star recruit slated to play wide receiver. I doubt it is more lucrative for him to play football, though it will take an overslot offer at this point.

• Upvote 1

I am bias, but I watch a lot of East Carolina baseball, and I would love to see us draft Connor Norby at 41 today.  If the O's are looking for another big time college bat which seems to be what they have been focusing on, I think this guy fits the mold and he isn't another OF which is nice.

• Upvote 1