Your 2022 FA Wish List

Il BuonO

I wonder what the price on Semien would be. Track record and age would suggest cheaper than Correa but unfortunately he has decided to put up 5+ WAR in his contract year. He would be more than a placeholder for Westburg but could also be flipped or moved to 2B/3B/DH. I know it won't happen and doesn't make a lot of sense but he would be pretty close to a dream FA for me. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I wonder what the price on Semien would be. Track record and age would suggest cheaper than Correa but unfortunately he has decided to put up 5+ WAR in his contract year. He would be more than a placeholder for Westburg but could also be flipped or moved to 2B/3B/DH. I know it won't happen and doesn't make a lot of sense but he would be pretty close to a dream FA for me. 

Good chance he gets 4/90 or higher imo.

39 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Assume that if the Orioles think a free agent pitcher is on the verge of stardom, many other teams share this belief.  How would the Orioles go about signing such a player to come play for a building team in a hitter's park at a cost that fits a small market budget?  I think the answer is that they can't.

If that's the case, it probably makes sense to get out of the business.  

• Confused 1

Just now, interloper said:

I think other than the usual 1-yr SP veteran guy, the team should think about signing an actual proven reliever. One more reliable guy in the bullpen would go a LONG way, IMO.

Archie Bradley? Someone at his level. Not a stud but not a late-30s retread. 

Bradley’s sub 5 K rate this year is alarming 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Bradley’s sub 5 K rate this year is alarming 

Yeah his FIP is waaayy higher than his ERA. But stuff like that might make him available. I would definitely be concerned about his Camden numbers on an iffy defensive team. So... yeah maybe not lol 

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, I think they Werth gave them a lot more than his production on the field but I largely agree with you.

I don’t see the team doing this and quite frankly, I don’t think they really should.  I wouldn’t be upset if they did but I also don’t feel it’s a smart use of money.

It is time for them to start making the team better and adding real ML players though.

Don't disagree, but the ROI on $100M+ type free agents makes that kind of thing essentially a non-starter for the Orioles.  They need to add talent by other means.

The whole issue with signing a pitcher to a one year deal is that indicates immediately they have issues. Age, stuff, health. 

Sometimes a proven vet only wants a one year deal, but why would they come here? I recall years ago on here someone said they should go after Pedro Martinez the year he went to Philly. As if he would have come to pitch on the worst team in the AL East at the end of his career. 

They need to attempt a better version of Matt Harvey and hope they get lucky. Trachsel was solid one year here, not the 2nd. Some modern version of him. 

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Don't disagree, but the ROI on $100M+ type free agents makes that kind of thing essentially a non-starter for the Orioles.  They need to add talent by other means.

I agree with this in the general sense but disagree with it on an individual, case by case basis.

I also don't think the Orioles will be carrying sub 100M dollar payrolls from here on out.  I don't expect more than 150M or so but they can easily career a very expensive player or 2 if they want.

I brought up Chris Taylor awhile ago. Versatile player. Probably too expensive though. Dodgers can’t keep everyone. 

It’s time for Sig and Elias to unearth some hidden gems like Hemond did years ago and the Yanks did with Voit and Urshela. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I brought up Chris Taylor awhile ago. Versatile player. Probably too expensive though. Dodgers can’t keep everyone. 

It’s time for Sig and Elias to unearth some hidden gems like Hemond did years ago and the Yanks did with Voit and Urshela. 

Chris Taylor would be a good addition, but with the year he's having I don't think Taylor will be in the Orioles price range.